Opera 9.24 Build 8816 Final

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Opera is a free Web browser with a pop-up blocker, multiple-window navigation, mouse gestures, keyboard shortcuts, an e-mail client with a spam filter, and integrated search for user security and speed. The cross-platform browser includes IRC-compatible chat, support for RSS newsfeeds, a password manager, and one-click customization and privacy-protection settings.

Features:

* New in version 9: Fraud protection, BitTorrent, Add your favorite search engines, Content blocker, Site preferences, Widgets, Improved rich text editing, Thumbnail preview
* Efficient surfing: Transfer manager, Tabbed browsing, Password manager, Integrated search, Pop-up blocking, Mouse gestures, Fast Forward, Sessions, Quick preferences, Notes, Voice, Keyboard Shortcuts, Trash can
* Security and privacy: Security bar, Encryption, Delete private data, Cookie control
* Mail and Chat: Opera mail, IRC chat
* Customization: Drag and drop, Skins, Language
* Accessibility: Zoom, Text size and colors, User style sheets,
* Web development: Standards support, Small-screen mode, Validate code, Toggle graphics and style sheets, Info panel, Reload from cache,
* Special: Full-screen mode, Kiosk mode aand more...

Download: Opera 9.24 Build 8816 Final
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
Link: Opera Home Page

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Thanks Mak.

I'm currently using the Opera 9.5 "Kestrel" weeklies, they're damn good.... the features set is just awesome, it's definitely the most user-friendly browser out there by far.

Only problem is, this version is a CPU hog :frowning:
It takes a lot of processing to do some of the really cool stuff they have (like indexing the contents of web pages so you can go to a uri by title as well as by uri) and it's just too much for this P4.... old users won't be too happy. I just ordered my new mobo and cpu, so that's a non-issue for me though.

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
I am not currently using the Kestrel since it doesnt allow for bookmarks to work correctly. I use that feature alot. Espically from within the Personal Bar. But i have used the first couple of weekly Kestrel builds and loved them.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
I think they fixed that in this build:
Changes and fixes
  • Rewritten backend for bookmark synchronization. Fixes several bugs
  • Cosmetic changes in synchronization user interface, new icon
  • Reloading widgets works
  • Fixed leak in search engine
  • Fixed printing crash
  • Fixed a margin collapsing regression
  • Fixed bug where Redirected e-mails displayed incorrectly in Sent view
  • Fixed crash when importing default browser bookmarks on first run
  • Fixed crashes when image with svg source is a sibling of a float
  • Fixed several layout issues
  • Several stability fixes added
Known issues fixed
  • [BUG 264975] Fixed display of smileys in mail and chat
  • [BUG 290358] Bookmarks cannot be selected from the Bookmarks menu
  • [BUG 290355] Opera crashes when clicking bookmarks in Personal bar
  • [BUG 280536] Opera on OS X will sometimes freeze when exiting Preferences
Known issues
  • [BUG 291258] Framesets don't work. Gives blank page on Gmail and other sites
  • [BUG 291335] Bookmarks in sub-folders are moved to the root folder
  • [BUG 290618] Viewing messages with smilies in Opera Mail may cause Opera to crash
  • [BUG 291267] Filters in M2 don't work
  • [BUG 290416] Widgets don't work after restarting Opera
  • [BUG 267632] Images don't display when printing
  • If you used the Brushed Metal skin in the previous release, Opera for OS X will crash on startup
  • [BUG 290943] This build fails the Acid2 test
  • Won't run correctly on Windows 95 or 98
  • OS X version may cause persistent freezes on start-up
  • POP server cleaning has been disabled: When disabling the "Leave messages on server" option, existing messages on the server are not removed
  • [BUG 287170] On OS X, UI thumbnails have black backgrounds when using native skins
  • [BUG 184894] Native OS X UI elements cannot be used in skins
  • [BUG 286384] Yahoo mail is broken
  • [BUG 280261] Removing messages from filters does not work
  • [BUG 213115] Queued mail is sent at the next check, instead of waiting for manual action

Last edited:

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Yeah i just seen that. Hopefully it is working right now. Getting close to Beta 1. That is even better news. The Beta's are always top notch. I have never had a issue with them.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
(btw, nice sig yet again :smile:)

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Thanks. Paying tribute to my wife and baby. Wife loves Stitch and her bday is 2-13 whiile my daughter was born 1-9-07. So it is a special sig to me. :grinning:

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Hey Guru sorry for the double post here. But i was wondering. What kind, if any, javascripts do you use with Opera. Do you use anything at all. I have the urlfilter.ini working to block over 90% of the ads out there. But i also have a Orangoo Spell checker working as well. Just wondering if there is any other good ones to use. I knwo with Opera dont need much if anything to make it better.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Everytime i have tried to install Aspell i always do it wrong and it never works. :frowning:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Yeah, they really do need to update their aspell for Windows package... I wonder if Opera will use aspell on Linux though? It's a much more straight-forward process in the *nix world.

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Yeah i see it was from like back in 2002. I have tried several varieties of Linux but to no avail. Even openSuSe wouldnt isntall and it even crashed in my VMWare.

Well i guess i will stick with Windows for now. Till i can do something about getting a Apple. :tongueout:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Well i am trying to install OS X. But i wont say anything more since i know the policy on that kind of thing. I just need a IDE hard drive since my SATA are not recognized.

I love my windows. I really do. I wont ever give it up. But haveing a backup is always nice for when i crash Windows. :wink:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
I have no problems with Windows XP :smile:

(I haven't touched a Vista-based computer in 3 months now! :|
however, I'll be formatting this PC come the weekend and installing Vista once more just for the hell of it)

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Well my Vista went south with SP1 installed. So i will be formattign that again and re-isntalling Vista. But i am in no rush. I am using my MCE version of XP. I rather like it.

Sarge

I reinstalled my XP SP1 :tongueout: It crashed about a month ago :grinning: XP SP1 FTW!! :grinning: haha, kidding, I'm about to install my Ubuntu 7.10, tonight or tomorrow! I'm wondering what changed, I was reading about it, but this time I'll see it in action. :joy: