Opera 9.51 Released

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
We released 9.51 today, which addresses a few security and lots of stability issues. This release is a recommended upgrade for all those running the latest stable releases.

Windows Changelog:

Opera 9.51 is a recommended security and stability upgrade. Please see the Security section.
Changes since Opera 9.5
User Interface
Fine-tuned the new Opera skin.
Improved drag/drop of tabs.
Fixed problems with search engines when upgrading from Opera 9.2x.
Fixed a stability issue when printing or when in print preview.
Added an option to toggle mouse flips in opera:config (User Prefs - Enable Mouse Flips).
Textarea inputs now clear when no-cache is set.
Saving of images is no longer recorded in transfers.
Mail/News
Feeds now show the first time when you subscribe.
Corrected a stability issue that could occur when clicking the drop-down to switch views.
Adjusted thread expanding in Mail when receiving new messages.
Corrected a problem where multiple views (access points) show for the same account.
Display and Scripting
Corrected a stability issue with User JS.
Style sheets now load when navigating in history.
window.close() now functions after invoking a context menu and when closing Opera Dragonfly.
Security
Fixed an issue where <canvas> functions could reveal data from random places in memory, as reported by Philip Taylor. See our advisory.
Fixed an issue that could be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Billy Rios. Details will be disclosed at a later date.
Security status is now correctly set when navigating from HTTP to HTTPS.
Corrected an issue related to OCSP and CRLs that would lower security.
Note: This will take effect with the weekly update, or when checking manually for an update (Help > Check for Updates).
Miscellaneous
Corrected a stability issue with Yahoo! Mail.
TinyMCE 2.1.x editor now works properly.
Printing of chat items has been improved.
Reconnection of the IRC client has been adjusted and improved.
Menus on deviantart.com now work properly.
Eliminated unwanted line breaks in rich text editors.
Windows-specific changes
Fixed a resource leak in the transfer window that could cause visual paint problems and other related problems.
Command line parameters must now be specified before any URLs on the command line.

Other Changelogs:

Mac
Linux/Unix

Download
Source

okay that's cool but i have a problem with opera on my computer it takes over 2 minutes to start up just turning on without loading!! whats up with that?

Mak, If you're still around, (have a great holiday btw), can you answer a simple question ?
I could never update Opera since about 9.2x (updates were flagged, but wouldn't complete when tried), so yesterday I had a big cleanout. Uninstalled Opera completely, deleted all unremoved traces, cleaned up a load of trash from my flash-drives (including contacting Sandisk to reclaim the U3 space which is not Vista compatible).
Then I installed 9.51 on my flash drives (Opera on one, with its cache on the other)
Everything successful, but here's the question -
How do I get back the ability to switch between tabs which used to be there from 8.0 to 9.2x by keyboard shortcut (1 was skip left - 2 was skip right) Now there's only the ctrl tab and select from a menu I can find, which is a PITA by comparison.
Do you know if it's gone, or if not how I turn it back on ?

Tools | Options | Advanced | Keyboard Setup

Choose "Opera 9.2 Compatible" to revert to the old shortcuts.

Cheers.

Back