OS not showing on system recovery options

Maxd

I would just like to thank you Neosmart for allowing me to download your recovery disc.

However I've been having a few problems locating the Operating System. There is no error saying that the Operating system isn't there, it just has been 'Searching for Windows installations...' for about 4 hours.
Is this normal?
My current problem is i had the BSOD and I needed a disc to repair the system. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1525.

I didn't know whether to use the 32 bit or 64 bit download, so i downloaded the 32 bit.

Any help would be much thanked :smile:

I'm sorry to say i am a complete computer noob (then again thats why im here!)
By drives you mean hard drives right?
and how would i be able to disconnect a hard drive if i cannot get into the computer (because i have the BSOD)

He means physically disconnect, i.e. open the case and disconnect either the power or data lead to the other drive(s).

Yes, I meant hard drives.
You don't need to be able to boot to disconnect hard drives from the system. :wink: Because it is hardware...

Hi,im sorry to bother.i just need help regarding system recovery options.my os is not listed in the box to select,empty.im using vista.i have no idea or clue on how to fix my problem with my laptop for a week now.ive been trying to fix it for almost 24h everyday.ive try to install vista but it leads me to nowhere.it gets stuck on please wait message for 12h.its so frustrating.bit i dont want to give up.please help.i really miss my laptop.please.thanks.

Back