OSX Boot Error

Jtrx11

Hi,

Not sure if this is the place for this question, but I figured I would throw this question out there since I have gotten some great help here in the past.

I had been successfully dual booting Win7 and OSX (Leopard) for a month or two off of two separate drives. So on boot, I would have the option to jump into either of the two OSs via BCD - if I chose OSX, I would be passed to a Chameleon bootloader that I had installed some time ago and didn't feel like getting rid of where I would again select the OSX volume to boot (obviously not an ideal set up, but it worked). Now the problem. All of a sudden I began getting the following error message after selecting the OSX volume from the BCD OS list:

ebios read error: Error 0x01
Block 0 Sectors 64

My mobo is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R. I get this error 4 times (with about 30s between each) before the screen goes black. Browsing other forums, I have seen instances of people getting a similar error when booting off of a CD, but not attempting to boot from a HD, as is my case. Any ideas? Need more info? Let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Back