hd0 - MBR
hd0,1: XP (NTFS)
hd0,2: Win7 (NTFS)
hd0,3: data (NTFS)

hd1 - GUID
hd1,1: EFI
hd1,2: OSX (HFS+)
hd1,3: data (HFS+)

I want to get a tripple-start-menu(Win7+XP+OSX). XP and Win7 are working great but OSX doesn't want to work, although I really tried everything (mac, LinuxBSD and neogrub-Entry with different list.lst options). When I use hd1 as start partition (bios) OSX starts without problems.

I'm using easyBCD 2.0 (r76). What am I doing wrong?
thanks in advance...

Hello,

Support for OS X is still hit or miss in EasyBCD but is improving.

In the meantime I'm sure you want access to OS X. Since hd1 well boot OS X on its own please use grub-legacy on Linux tab instead and add in the following in menu.lst:

title OS X
root (hd1,0)
chainloader +1

thx for your answer. unfortunately it still doesn't work.
i think grub-legacy doesn't use a list.lst (?) -> i just get a blinking cursor.
when i use the 3 commands with NeoGrub-Tab (configure) it's getting me to the grub console.
maybe my computer is cursed?! :S

The menu.lst file should be in the /nst folder on your Windows drive. Let's try re-mapping the drives so OS X's drive is considered first since it would be that way if you selected the hard drive manually to boot from:

title OS X
map (hd1) (hd0)
map (hd0) (hd1)
map --hook
root (hd0,0)
chainloader +1

I have been trying to get this working forever. I have tried every setting I could think of and I either get a grubdos screen or I get a Darwinloading screen that goes no where. What is causing it to not work?

since i tried 'reinstall the bootloader' in easyBCD my osx doesn't start anymore: 'Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter'
what now?

Sounds like you must have overwrote the OS X MBR with the Vista/7 one, with the OS X partition still set to "active".
Put the Windows disk back to first in the boot sequence of the BIOS, and if nothing else, you should at least be able to get into Win 7 and XP.

Back