Outlook Express

{Ron!n}

Distinguished Member
I remember reading somewhere an this site about Outlook Express stopping the DAV protocol, this came in the monthly Microsoft newsletter along with the X-Files 2 trailer link i posted:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I received an e-mail saying you are going to disable Outlook Express and I will no longer be able to receive my e-mail through it. Is this true?" – Barbara[/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
A:
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Windows Live Hotmail team did e-mail some users, letting them know that Microsoft was planning to disable the DAV protocol that Outlook Express uses to access your Hotmail inbox. Many of you e-mailed us, expressing strong feelings on this matter, and we heard you loud and clear! The DAV protocol will NOT be discontinued at this time, and you can continue to use Outlook Express beyond the June 30 transition deadline previously announced. The Hotmail team will provide an update in the coming months. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.[/FONT]

That's for the free Hotmail accounts I suppose. I hadly ever use mine, except as a Windows Live sign-in.

Yep. When I first got my Hotmail account in the 90s, they used to support POP3 access... I stopped using Hotmail at around the same time they discontinued POP support and made their switch to DAV.

Back