Oxc0000428 Error

jackspub

ok I dual boot windows xp and windows 7. windows xp was not working got easdybcd chose fix mbr on xp now i get this error message in windows 7 Oxc0000428. I made windows 7 my default os but still same message i believe it might now be point to the wrong location windows 7. I no longer have my windows 7 disk and can not remember what version i had can any 1 help me with this issue both os are on separate drives.

Thanks

I don't believe I am booting to the right drive. I am booting to the xp drive where I should be booting to the windows 7 I think it is something I can edit to make it boot tot he correct drive just don't remember how to do it. Can you help me with that

Your OEM splash screen (first thing you see on power up) should contain instructions like
"press 'del' to enter setup" (or some other key(s))
Once in the BIOS, navigate to the "boot" section.
That's normally a tree structure where you can choose the relative priority of device types (floppy/CD/HDD e.g.), and then within device types you choose the HDD section and make sure that your W7 HDD is before XP.
Alternatively, open the case on the left side (power off but plug still connected to keep the chassis earthed) and swap the cable connections between the 2 HDDs.

This is the system settings file

There are a total of 3 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: {bb5e78b2-0ca6-11e0-a5bd-001a70101311}
Timeout: 30 seconds
EasyBCD Boot Device: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Microsoft Windows 7
BCD ID: {default}
Drive: D:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: Microsoft Windows 7
BCD ID: {bb5e78b1-0ca6-11e0-a5bd-001a70101311}
Drive: D:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #3
Name: Microsoft Windows XP
BCD ID: {bb5e78b2-0ca6-11e0-a5bd-001a70101311}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \NST\easyldr2

Yes Windows 7 is on drive d I actually added the entried twice by accident. I also tried what you said swaping the cables and pulling the power on the xp drive still no luck with it.
anything else you can suggest does the files look right windows xp is drive c and drive d is windows 7

Thanks

A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. If you have a Windows installation disc insert the disk and restart your computer. Click "repair your computer" and then choose a recovery tool.

Thanks

Back