Pandora

I might check it out. I am still going thru WinAmp trying to get thru part of my music collection. Strange enough Guru was right. WMP doesnt truly randomize your music. But WinAmp does. Everytime a new track plays it tells you "New Track" which is very nice. Now i know to skip a track if i have listened to it before. So far it has only happened when i have stopped it during play.

88 days worth of music. I am thru about 5 days.
asdcattivo.gif

you can also have it play all the track you havent listened to in a while (as in i think its a week, but for you, you would have a very large selection and wont come up to repeats often ^_^

Dear Pandora Visitor,
We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.
We believe that you are in Canada (your IP address appears to be 99.231.118.103). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com
If you are a paid subscriber, please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com and we will issue a pro-rated refund to the credit card you used to sign up. If you have been using Pandora, we will keep a record of your existing stations and bookmarked artists and songs, so that when we are able to launch in your country, they will be waiting for you.
We will be notifying listeners as licensing agreements are established in individual countries. If you would like to be notified by email when Pandora is available in your country, please enter your email address below. The pace of global licensing is hard to predict, but we have the ultimate goal of being able to offer our service everywhere.
We share your disappointment and greatly appreciate your understanding.
Sincerely,

signature_tim.jpg

Tim Westergren
Founder

P.S. For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions on the topic.

I get the same thing but apparently im from Germany. :wink:
My ISP is totally screwed up. Some times im routed to Google Japan other times Saudi Arabia once in Germany. Now im supposedly talking to you guys from Spain. Maybe ill get lucky once and come from America so it will work. :smile:

Probably not a public proxy though....
Something like an SSH tunnel or a corporate SOCKSv5 connnection would do the trick.

(I'm accessing it now via an SSH tunnel from here to LA, and it's working fast and fine)

With this can you listen to anything that is broadcast form American radio stations?
Just wondering because i was looking for a way to get Baseball Broadcasts.

if anyone can please re-read my first post, it does say, that outsiders( non-US) will have to use a US proxy to access the Site, im sorry that i didnt make that clear enough.

---

@ ronin

what they want to do is open ALL music to everyone, not just radio, once you get it working, you type in the name of a artist, and they make a custom channel for you, with that artist and those similar to them. i think its really kool idea.

Here try the site on some Proxy's: (dont know if they will work for you or not)
This one works:
Free Proxy Server
these two work:
YouHide.com - Anonymous Proxy Server

TheProxyFree: Visit websites via an anonymous proxy, bypass the firewall of your institution

Last edited:
Back