Partition recovery of vaio VNG-AZ640N, help me!

hi everyone, i used the xp install disk to reinstall the operation system in my laptop (sz640n) which used to use window vista. because i did not read the instruction carefully so i lose the recovery partition of win vista:tongueout:oint: i tried to find on the microsoft and sony websites, yet i can not. do you know how to get it? please help me! thanks!

Hello tranquan, welcome to NST.
Unfortunately, when something happens to your recovery partition, it is generally gone forever (I lost mine too:frowning:), unless you made a recovery disk from your partition, which can only restore your computer to factory condition, and wont contain the recovery software to load back onto the partition. If you did not create a CD, then you can try ordering a replacement (for the CD) from your OEM, which should only cost you a small fee (if they don't send it to you for free).

It's probably not a model available in UK then.
Navigate to the page correct for the country of purchase, and try again.

Hello tranquan, welcome to NST.
Unfortunately, when something happens to your recovery partition, it is generally gone forever (I lost mine too:frowning:), unless you made a recovery disk from your partition, which can only restore your computer to factory condition, and wont contain the recovery software to load back onto the partition. If you did not create a CD, then you can try ordering a replacement (for the CD) from your OEM, which should only cost you a small fee (if they don't send it to you for free).
thanks Coolname007 and Terry60!:smile:

Back