PC won't boot after using EasyBCD (system= Dual-boot Win7 Ultimate / Ubuntu) HELP!

sundee

Where I started is with my system booting to Ubuntu (i have a dual-boot system - Win7 Ultimate / Ubuntu - on Gateway quad-core

desktop pc). I wanted to uninstall Ubuntu and found the following tutorial > The Non-Geeks Guide To Safely Uninstall Ubuntu From A Dual-Booting Machine

uninstall-ubuntu-dualbooting-machine/ . The tutorial said to install Easy BCD and follow the instructions, so i did and only got as

far as the first step in the tutorial "Easy As BCD". Now what i have is a pc that won't boot at all. I tried restarting the pc to a

Win7 Ultimate CD so i could do a restore, and i set the boot drive to CD via F10 during attempted boot-up, but after trying all

available work-around's i am just brought back to the black error screen.

Error screen reads:
WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER
It tells me to insert my windows installation disc.
File: \Boot\BCD
Info: The windows boot configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry.

Fortunately i have my laptop but i also use the desktop on a daily basis. Will someone please instruct me on how to get my pc

booting again?

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply! I will try your advice and post back. Thanx again!

Addendum

One of my problems was that my pc would not boot from the win7 dvd, but I followed your link and found that "F12" can tell my pc to boot from dvd... it works!! I am now on my second round of repair and will go 3X as you suggested. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Addendum

Hum, interesting effect; now that i have completed the series of three repairs and removed the Win7 dvd, my pc now boots to Win7 instead of Ubuntu. Yay! It was the booting to Ubuntu that was the pain in my neck and now i don't have to deal with that any longer. However, i still would like to uninstall Ubuntu. Can you direct me to a tutorial that will show me how to do this uninstall safely? Kind regards :wink:

Back