pc wont start at all after using easy bcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

o lagos

hello!!!
i have a laptop dell inspiron 3521 .i used to have a dual boot windows 10 with ubuntu.i am not an pc expert and i use yesterday the easybcd buttons:
bcd back up repair then to recreate /repair boot files.until yesterday was ok.i had sone issues but i fix it.the uninstall of ubuntu didnt go well.
this morning i start my laptop and start better than yesterday.
the problem is why i pen again the easybcd and press the same button again.then try to restart and i have ony a black screen and i hear tha hard disk to try but failed.
also the hard drive light blinking and others are not illuminated.
can u please help me?
did i erase anything in operation system byu using bcd back up repair then to recreate /repair boot files -buttons?
i have a bootabke usb flash with iso image of windows 10.
somebody to help?
thank u

Sounds like you've removed the entire contents of your BCD.
(for future reference, all you needed to do was delete the Ubuntu entry in "edit boot menu")
Now, you will need to boot your ISO image three times, and each time, select "repair my computer" (bottom left), then "startup repair".

Hello. Thank you VERY VERY MUCH for replying. Unfortunately I can't do this.
When I try to start up my lap top it doesn't open at all.. Even pressing f8 or f2 or all f number's.
When I press the power button a black screen is on my lap top and don't open. Same Time I can here the hard disk to try work but nothing happened. Also the small light of power is on. The hdd light seems to open and close. My English is not good. I hope u understand what exactly happens to me and help me. Yesterday I went to another pc and I make a USB flash with recovery tools.
Both USB flash doesn't seem to open the lap top. The recovery USB flash and the windows 10 USB flash Iso. Both of them do nothing when I try to start my lap top.
Thanks again for replying .I need some help here. Thanks

Does the PC "beep" when you try to power it up ?
If so, count the number and pattern of beeps, and search online for Dell error codes.
The pattern of beeps indicates what kind of error is preventing the PC from getting as far as displaying the Dell splash screen.

Hi Terry. Thanks again for
Trying to help me. I hear no beeps at all. The only sound is the hard disk try to work.
It is unbelievable. Third day with out pc. Searching all day on internet. Searching on forums. Nothing to find to solve the problem. I am still trying. Searching. Thank u.
I am very curious to see what's going on.
Thanks a lot for replying

My friend Terry I apticiate u try to help me.
No beep sounds at all. I took the hard drive out to see if there any differences, but nothing change. No beep. No screen signs. Then I try to took of the memory hoping to hear some beeps, still nothing happened. Put it back there and praying someone can help me.
The bad thing is I am without work the last 7 months I can't afford to go to a technical support. They want 40 euro just for the pay visit. My lap top cost 350 3 years ago. Now maybe cost 200.if I go to fix it in a technician it will cost me half laptop price.
I hope u can find something. Thank u very much. I really apriciate this.

It doesn't sound good.
It's doesn't seem to be a software problem caused by anything you did with Ubuntu or EasyBCD. You'd be getting some kind of screen message.
Try
Laptop is dead. How to troubleshoot. | Laptop Repair 101
which might help you narrow down the problem to a specific cause (or search the web or Youtube for something similar in your own language if that's hard to follow)

Yes. Thank u very much. I am trying. If I find a solution I will write it back here. Thank u for ur time
U r very kind.
Have a nice day

Ηello Terry. Today I decide to start disassemble my lap top and I notice a damage on memory card. The day the computer break i didn't touch any of the harwares of lap top. Do u believe it could. Be this?
If yes ,how did this happened without disassemple my laptop. Any way I hope it's this so I can fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_31082018_095127_(800_x_1200_pixel).jpg
    IMG_31082018_095127_(800_x_1200_pixel).jpg
    378 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_31082018_095111_(800_x_1200_pixel).jpg
    IMG_31082018_095111_(800_x_1200_pixel).jpg
    440 KB · Views: 4
Today I diasseble the laptop. I see this on ram. Also something strange happens. While I try to start the laptop I removed ram. And accidentally the battery of motherboard left from where it is and suddenly the lights (led) was on. All of them except with. I try to close the pc from the button but no turned of. I must take the battery of to turn it of

Except Wi-Fi all the others lights turned on. I turn the pc of by taking of the battery and try to open it again and was like before

That's a question for a local computer expert to look at. It would probably light up without any RAM but it wouldn't work & probably remain in standby mode.

What damage did you see ?
According to this
Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) Beep Codes Diagnostic Indicators
faulty RAM should have sounded 2 or 4 beeps as you powered up.

No beep sounds at all.
Just the power light on.
Nothing else.
Now the light is not turn of unless I take of the battery.
G
First I could turn of the laptop by power button. Now not.
Guys sorry for trying so many days to fix it.
Thanks for ur help.
I quit trying.
Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back