photobucket.... is gay?

xp_addict

A few weeks(or months) ago, Photobucket decided to give all the good stuff to the "pro" users and then they put bandwiths on each photo you post and every-time someone looks at the photo, or visits the page, it counts as an amount of bandwith. I can't go around on forums anymore without seeing "Bandwith Exceeded Upgrade to PRO today!'

Photobucket sucks now

What other free image hosting websites are there?

Can someone post review for imageshack and flikr?

Thanks

Imageshack is alright. Sadly they have started to embed ads with their images for users who do not subscribe to their service. Which is a major downfall. You put a image up on a site and right under it is a ad presented to you by imageshack cause of the link. to remove them you must subscribe for $8 a month. Such a rip off.

Flickr is alright. But you must pay attention to it carefully. As anything you upload can be taken and used for any purpose by anyone if you dont set it up properly. Since it is highly used as a image source now people can just view your image and take it for any purpose they want if you dont set it up so that they cant take it.

MajHost is another site. It is good. No ads, no limits that i have seen. Simple interface to work with.

What I use for image hosting is Servimg.com - Free image hosting service And I am more than happy with the conditions of use and the service itself. I'm using it for years now and I haven't change my mind yet, so they are very nice. I don't think you can host your image without a (free) registration, but it is worth a 20 second or so registration. Unlimited, you see ads only on the website, not on your image or a place(website) where you show your picture. You can link to show your picture directly, which means it is not linked of anything, its just a pure picture. And for years now none of my pictures got deleted. So I recommend it.

Other very nice service is provided by Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire for file and image hosting, great thing is when you make an account there you have your own folders where you upload your stuff, so you can keep larger number of files. You can upload files and photos even if you are not registered just the same, but you don't get to organize folders that way. It's free, but there is a PRO edition if you really need it. It's a great service, I am using it for years now, it's recommended by worldwide computer magazines as well. You can give it a try. I haven't decide to move away from it yet.

A few weeks(or months) ago, Photobucket decided to give all the good stuff to the "pro" users and then they put bandwiths on each photo you post and every-time someone looks at the photo, or visits the page, it counts as an amount of bandwith. I can't go around on forums anymore without seeing "Bandwith Exceeded Upgrade to PRO today!'

Photobucket sucks now

What other free image hosting websites are there?

Can someone post review for imageshack and flikr?

Thanks

Gay? What's that got to do with it? I would just say they are, like most places these days, trying to make a buck or two. I use them and still prefer them over Imageshack, which apart from annoying ads, is always breaking down.

I'll take a look at those you recommend Sarge.

You can always attach an image to your post here on the forums by using the "Go Advanced" button.

SkyDrive's pretty sweet. 25GB of free online storage :smile:
The only limit is a 50MB cap on file uploads, not a problem for a image.

Back