Picture Appears during System Bootup ( Dell XP)

Recently While Booting up this Dell Optiplex Using Windows XP , normally there is a System Boot, then the screen changes to DellUser ... and I give my User Password before the Desktop appears. However now a Picture I created with Paint appears for a couple of seconds during System bootup, just before the Screen changes to DellUser Password. I've tried a Blank Screen with Screensaver, and a Blank screen with Desktop to remove it, but no luck. For some reason the System Restore won't work ... no matter which Restore Point I Use , e.g.
Feb. 13th, Jan. 12th which are highlighted as Restore Points. Boot.ini is correct. I'm now thinking about the Bios, but don't know how to go about that ! Someone suggested it could be Microsoft with their continual Upgrading unbeknown to us Punters. Any Help would be gratefully accepted ! KenCameron.

Recently While Booting up this Dell Optiplex Using Windows XP , normally there is a System Boot, then the screen changes to DellUser ... and I give my User Password before the Desktop appears. However now a Picture I created with Paint appears for a couple of seconds during System bootup, just before the Screen changes to DellUser Password. I've tried a Blank Screen with Screensaver, and a Blank screen with Desktop to remove it, but no luck. For some reason the System Restore won't work ... no matter which Restore Point I Use , e.g.
Feb. 13th, Jan. 12th which are highlighted as Restore Points. Boot.ini is correct. I'm now thinking about the Bios, but don't know how to go about that ! Someone suggested it could be Microsoft with their continual Upgrading unbeknown to us Punters. Any Help would be gratefully accepted ! KenCameron.

Hi KenC, even being stuck with the same, did you get any way out with it yet?

Regards,
Anuel D. Mitchell

Dear Anuel ..... Thanks for your concern and interest. I have not found a way out of this situation, except that possibly reloading the Operating System might do the trick. You have made me think of the problem again, and reloading the O.S. just came into my head while writing this reply.
Best regards, Ken C.

Hi ! Firstly, as normal, I'm asked for a Password, top left of screen. After a few seconds up comes a Microsoft 4-colour Box not unlike the one you have shown, but that one is all-blue. There is a TM sign at bottom right of Box, ( TradeMark). At the same time there is a blue running cursor running in a narrow rectangle below the Box ... saying ' loading System XP' . After about 20 seconds the screen , I think, goes all-blue and this Image that I downloaded using 'Paint' appears for no more than 2 seconds, then up comes the Dell screen saying please enter your Dell Password. It never fails to load, but this Image never used to appear in this way. So the Image appears in between the two Password Requests. I've just had to live with it !
Thanks for all the Interest from Users ! Ken Cameron.

This may be an older XP through Windows 7 style logon background screen that loads before the new Metro UI login prompt appears as a full-screen login prompt.

You can run regedit.exe and then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software> Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion (present in all versions of Windows) and see if you have an additional subtree Authentication > LogonUI > Background (shouldn't be there in Windows 10).

Back