Please help, my computer's driving me insane!!!

Goodmane

Hi there,

My computer is refusing to load Windows beyond the green pulsing bar. It keeps pulsing green to infinity but never gets any further!

I've run chk dsk c: /f, and the nuclear holocaust option from winre described in your wiki. The automatic recovery tool says it can't fix the problem.

I'm wondering if there's anything else that can be done short of reinstalling or trying to boot off an old image (which may contain the same fault). Is this problem even related to the boot sector? If I managed to boot into the Norton Ghost image on a new disk, would EasyBCD be able to fix this even though the nuke option didn't? What do you think please? This is driving me crazy...:?? Any help or ideas gratefully appreciated.

A reinstall is your only option. Using Ghost and EasyBCD will not do anything. EasyBCD can not use Ghost to try and fix anything.

Okay

Thanks for replying. I guess it's messed up pretty bad then huh? I think it was caused by a faulty SATA cable, or rather a SATA cable that became faulty when it wasn't perfectly inserted in the drive. Does this sound like it could be the reason to you too?

It could be. But that wouldnt explain the file corruption. Unless the cable was not transferring the file totally over.

Either way Vista doesnt have a repair option so your only real option if reinstall.

Hi there,

My computer is refusing to load Windows beyond the green pulsing bar. It keeps pulsing green to infinity but never gets any further!

I've run chk dsk c: /f, and the nuclear holocaust option from winre described in your wiki. The automatic recovery tool says it can't fix the problem.

I'm wondering if there's anything else that can be done short of reinstalling or trying to boot off an old image (which may contain the same fault). Is this problem even related to the boot sector? If I managed to boot into the Norton Ghost image on a new disk, would EasyBCD be able to fix this even though the nuke option didn't? What do you think please? This is driving me crazy...:?? Any help or ideas gratefully appreciated.
Does using System Restore from the Recovery CD help?

Back