Please test EasyBCD 1.61 Release Candidate!

Downloaded and attempted to install latest 1.61 beta

I selected to install TweakVI, and this is the message I received:

TweakVI Downloader
Unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application.
If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

The system cannot find the file specified.

I selected Continue, and the install process halted at "Execute: C:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\bin\Get_TweakVI.exe"

Output folder: C:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD
Extract: EasyBCD.exe
Extract: EasyBCD.exe.manifest
Output folder: C:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\bin
Extract: FileDownloader.dll
Extract: Get_TweakVI.exe
Extract: MbrFix.exe
Extract: bcdedit.exe
Extract: bootpart.exe
Extract: bootsect.exe
Output folder: C:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\profiles
Extract: NeoSmart.bcd
Extract: NeoGrub
Extract: NeoGrub.mbr
Extract: nst_mac.mbr
Output folder: C:\Users\Wayne Wastier\Favorites
Extract: The NeoSmart Files.url
Output folder: C:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD
Create folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD
Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\Uninstall EasyBCD.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\EasyBCD 1.61.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\Online Documentation.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\Users\Public\Desktop\EasyBCD 1.61.lnk
Execute: C:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\bin\Get_TweakVI.exe

Update: I went to the EasyBCD\Bin direcotry and ran setup.exe from there, then TweakVI installed. I then clicked out of the 100% completed download screen, and then the rest of EasyBCD 1.61 beta completed.

Thanks for the bug report.

If you attempt to install it from within EasyBCD (Useful Utilities) do you encounter any problems?

Could you possibly add this bit of code into the next release?

I don't know if you remember this in the Vista Beta or not, but I asked if there was a way to get rid of the contant nag from Windows Security about UAC being turned off? Well, somone answered me and gave me this fix.

reg delete "HKCR\CLSID\{FD6905CE-952F-41F1-9A6F-135D9C6622CC}"

It works like a charm. Since you show the option to turn off UAC, I thought this would be a neat way to make it more pleasant. :0)

P.S. After running this, a reboot is required.

Last edited:
Thanks for that..
On my PC I just took the easy way out and disabled the Windows Security Center too :grinning: :lol:

I don't know if you remember this in the Vista Beta or not, but I asked if there was a way to get rid of the contant nag from Windows Security about UAC being turned off? Well, somone answered me and gave me this fix.

reg delete "HKCR\CLSID\{FD6905CE-952F-41F1-9A6F-135D9C6622CC}"

It works like a charm. Since you show the option to turn off UAC, I thought this would be a neat way to make it more pleasant. :0)

P.S. After running this, a reboot is required.

All you have to do in Microsoft Security Center is click on the side where it says "change the way that security center alerts me" and then it gives you 3 options - click on the one that says "do not display icon in system tray and do not notify me" or something like that... and you are good to go - no more annoying notifications :booyah:

Please let us chose where we want to install the software! system drive is not the only place it MUST be installed on.

Thank you.

Please let us chose where we want to install the software! system drive is not the only place it MUST be installed on.

Thank you.

But if you are wanting to install it on your XP drive when you are in Vista, this is completely pointless... I am pretty sure that the installer has some dll files and other things that go in the registry, and if you go and install it to the XP drive from VISTA then when you are in windows XP the program will not work :smile:

38197-spam.jpg

Wow, you sure are quick on the uptake!

(no more posts by unregistered users here, thanks for bringing that to my attention!)

Ok, all installed just fine. Only problem was with putting in my name and email address. The program hung up there until I clicked on back then used SKIP to bypass registration.

Back