popup help

Hopefully that will see the bug gone once and for all. RegCrawler is more of a registry cleaner however rather then a bug remover.

I appreciate this help a great deal, you folks are really great.
One issue however.
I allow the crawler to scan, highlight all entries, choose delete.
Wait awhile.
Close the program and restart the PC.
After reboot, run the crawler again, find the same entries, the same amount of entries.
I tried locating one entry and see if I could remove it manually, I can't seem to find the entry.
I can find Virtual Store but the tracks basically end there.
Is the Reg Crawler fully functional?
If so, I am wondering why the program doesn't remove these entries when asked to do so.

It is only a 30 Day trial. I think that is why. Will find another answer.

While i find that Google for and download CClenaer. Run that and the Registry part of that.

I want to thank those that have helped me, I simply put don't have enough words to say.
The popups have stopped, I am very grateful.
The strings are still in the Registry, can't seem to get rid of them, but no popups Yea!
I have this forum bookmarked, if someone needs help, I know where to send them.
Again....Thank all of you very very much!

Arty
BrokenWing Wildlife & Exotic & Pigeon Rescue & Rehab.

i still have one question barely related to the topic but how can i get that little messenger window that pops up every time i sign into windows messenger to open with Firefox? (its currently opening with ie)

I want to thank those that have helped me, I simply put don't have enough words to say.
The popups have stopped, I am very grateful.
The strings are still in the Registry, can't seem to get rid of them, but no popups Yea!
I have this forum bookmarked, if someone needs help, I know where to send them.
Again....Thank all of you very very much!

Arty
BrokenWing Wildlife & Exotic & Pigeon Rescue & Rehab.

Arty, that's great news!! Glad you got it all working!

Hope you stick around :smile:

are you going to answer my question??????????????/ i repeat
i still have one question barely related to the topic but how can i get that little messenger window that pops up every time i sign into windows messenger to open with Firefox? (its currently opening with ie)

Open MSN Messenger and go under the Options Ali. From there uncheck everything that pertains to startup of MSN.

Arty glad you got it sorted. Need help again you know where to find me and i am more than willing to help.

I would never recommend CCleaner for anything other than cleaning up the drive and IE history. For those experienced with editing the registry on different versions I could point at RegCleaner since the main window when started up displays all non MS main registry keys and the menu bar>tools>registry cleanup sees a side drop down menu with the automatic cleaning options there. http://www.dewassoc.com/support/useful/regcleaner.htm

RegCleaner works on all versions from 95 to Vista without problems since there's no registry entries created only a desktop shortcut. That passes right by CCleaner's wimpy reg cleaner there. The best tool and also free that is a far better and updated 9x/ME/2000/XP/Vista program however is called Eusing by Eusing Software. That blasts by all of them for actually finding and removing all now useless entries! http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

The Eusing registry cleaner is a totally automatic cleanup tool while RegCleaner also sees the regedit option in the tools drop down menu. For a simple easy to use cleaner there you have it. Brokenwing Eusing passes right by RegCleaner as well as quite a list of others.

CCleaner is just fine for beginner to use for a simple registry clean. Never suggest for them to use a in depth applicaiton. You dont want them to see the Registry to be able to make any adjustments to it at all.

For a average user teh Registry is the one place they should never go to. Adjusting jsut 1 entry wrong can fubar a machine and force a reinstall. For more advanced people that is fine eye but never for a person without the experience level needed to naivagate teh registry. That is only asking for trouble.

I ran an open comparison between CCleaner, RegCleaner, and the much needed Eusing to see which would clean up the most garbage lingering in the registry. RegCleaner's own old cleaner found quite a bit more by itself over CCleaner while Eusing blew right past all others compared!

The main problem there however is not simply cleaning any leftovers in the registry but finding the bug causing the popups still seen after closing IE. RegCleaner's main window sometimes will show right at the top some new entry without a program attached as you look. That happened here when TV Guide's adware changed the IE icon seen on the address bar. A look in RegCleaner saw "swearware" and later some other name right at the top of the new entries.

A quick check next to that and a click on the remove button saw that bot gone fast! But for anything else Eusing is a fast automatic and safe tool for the less experienced. In fact you can see the images while each was tested in order with CCleaner first as each was timed.

RegCleaner at work.

And finally Eusing blasting right past those two alone.

Eusing found more then double of what was seen with RegCleaner some 400+ while CCleaner was around 60 items total.

Did i say anything about CLeaner being the best? NO. I said you should not suggest a high end app like that to someone who is not that knowledgeable. If you want to take responsibility for destroying these people PC;s cause you suggest a application that is beyond them fine. I refuse to have these people use a application that is potentially dangerous to them. Plain and simple. Now please stop trying to argue with me.

If you want to use them fine. I have several apps that are 10x better than your Registry Cleaner anyways. But i dont suggest them cause i do not want these people damaging their machine.

I wasn't recommending RegCleaner but simply referring to it as being more for the advanced user. For a good free cleaner that doesn't break anything at this time the Eusing cleaner as pointed out by others as well has shown itself effective.

But the real problem here is not a need for any registry cleaner but a bug hunter to find and remove the popup generator tucked away on the drive somewhere. You may want to have Brokenwing post an HT log to see if there any reg entries to find as well. Often adbots will create new entires in order to connect to a site as soon as you go online.

He already has posted a Hijack log which i have already gone thru and spoke with him Via PM on how to clean it.

Post #24 said he had got it all sorted and he was happy.

Back