Primary (master) password appears to be corrupted

Hikermann

Distinguished Member
Windows 10 -

At a loss here: My primary password appears to be corrupted

- it rejects my correct information

- the enter-your-user-name-password dialog is showing up, seemingly, whenever it wants to -- open a new webpage, it shows up; attempting to open a password-protected WordPerfect doc, it shows up; etc., etc.

- Can't reset the primary password because it requires logging-on using that same password

Would like to just remove it, since it's proving to be a pointless process.

How does one delete a corrupted password process?

Thanks for any information. Appreciated.

pmshah -

I do suspect that your description of history is quite on point! All of this from another of those "self-made" billionaires who actually got started because his mother was on some national board and acquainted with the CEO of IBM, with whom she had a "most pleasant luncheon chat" during which she pointed out to the CEO how marvelously intelligent and talented son Bill was and that the CEO might certainly find him a benefit to IBM. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Good ol' Jeff B: "Started Amazon in the garage of his family's home. . ." But it has been pointed out by fact-finding resources that dear Jeff was fronted $250,000 by his beloved folks to get-on-his-feet, as it were . . .

Merry Merry!

It sounds like your PC might be infected? Try running a full scan with Windows Defender after applying the latest updates?

Back