Printing Issues

i'm still using rc1, and i can't print, whether i try to use a local or network printer. when i first installed this build i could, but i installed a lot of software since then, and now it won't print. i think it's office 2007 since somebody i know was having problems printing from word in xp, but i'm not sure. any ieas on how to get it to print?

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hey Toxic... been a while :smile:

What error does it give you?
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers?
What does the Event Viewer show (if anything)

it doesn't give me an error, the little printer icon just sits in the tray and the printer does nothing. this has happened on beta 2 (twice), 5536, and rc1. and the event viewer doesn't show anything.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Doesn't seem right...
I take it reintalling the drivers didn't work?

Change the spooling options form "Spool first then print" to "start printing immeditaely" or vice versa, depending on what's selected by default. worth a shot.

Computer Guru said:
Doesn't seem right...
I take it reintalling the drivers didn't work?

Change the spooling options form "Spool first then print" to "start printing immeditaely" or vice versa, depending on what's selected by default. worth a shot.
i've tried reinstalling the drivers in earlier builds and it didn't work. i'll try the spooling options thing in the morning (it's 3:45 am :tongueout:).

if it doesn't work, when i install a new build (like the one i've had in my documents folder for a couple weeks?) i'll probably just stay with openoffice.

thanks cg.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Forgot to ask: are you on TR1? (Of Office 2007 that is)

It might have fixed it? I don't know, but if it is office causing you all that trouble, I heard TR1 fixed quite a lot of bugs and is more ready than Vista for RTM.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
not sure I understand....
After RC1 (or just before?) Microsoft released a new version of Office 2007. Are you using it?