Problem removing boot menu (Win7 64bit & Ubuntu 12.04)

Hello everyone!
I first used easyBCD when I installed ubuntu 10.10 with Win7 64bit. After each of my next 2 ubuntu updates, I had problem booting my pc (boot menu did not show and it booted without asking to ubuntu). I got pass this issue by fixing the mbr following these steps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392.
Unfortunately, this did not work when I upgraded yesterday to ubuntu 12.04. So, I decided to keep ubuntu's grub menu.
My problem is when I choose win7 in grub, I get again easyBCD's boot menu which asks me again to choose between the 2 OS's.
Is there a way to get rid of the second boot menu?

Remove the Ubuntu option from the BCD.
A menu is only presented if a choice exists.

Thanks for your reply Terry, but it didn't work.
My detailed settings are

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}
device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume1
description Windows Boot Manager
locale el-GR
inherit {7ea2e1ac-2e61-4728-aaa3-896d9d0a9f0e}
default {3b77af31-922a-11e1-8aab-002421102c27}
resumeobject {9838c102-929d-11df-94a9-ee4bd09bdf84}
displayorder {3b77af31-922a-11e1-8aab-002421102c27}
toolsdisplayorder {b2721d73-1db4-4c62-bf78-c548a880142d}
timeout 10
displaybootmenu No

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {3b77af31-922a-11e1-8aab-002421102c27}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Microsoft Windows 7
locale el-GR
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \Windows
nx OptIn
pae Default
sos No
debug No

I removed Ubuntu from the "Edit Boot Menu" and I clicked "Write MBR" in "BCD Deployment".
The boot menu was not removed. It had Windows and Ubuntu as options.

You said you were keeping the grub menu.
Using "install Vista/7 boot loader > write MBR" puts the W7 loader back in charge.
"edit boot menu" is all you need to edit the boot menu.
Which version of EasyBCD are you using - what if anything is ticked in the Tools > Options page ?

Makes sence...
I'm using EasyBCD's version 2.1.2.156.
My options window has the following ticked

Options.GIF

Must be the default ones. I don't remember changing them.

OK that version has a bug in the display.
The wrong box got ticked.
Get the very latest Beta and you'll see the tick will move from "...expert mode" to "Auto.. load ..."
which is showing that you're not working on the correct BCD, but a backup stored in your user folder.
Untick that option and EasyBCD will locate the "live" BCD where you'll find the entry you were trying to remove
(but do you still want to ? seeing that you've apparently put bootmgr back ahead of grub)
That "autoload" option gets set if EasyBCD cannot locate the BCD on the "active" partition of the first HDD in the boot sequence and you use the dialogue it uses at startup to navigate to a BCD, or if you use the File > Select BCD option.

OK that version has a bug in the display.
The wrong box got ticked.
Get the very latest Beta and you'll see the tick will move from "...expert mode" to "Auto.. load ..."
which is showing that you're not working on the correct BCD, but a backup stored in your user folder.
Downloaded it, but neither options were ticked. I left them that way.

but do you still want to ?
I tried to give EasyBCD one last try. I followed steps 3 to 7 in the guide http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Ubuntu, but again it booted directly to ubuntu. I can't understand what I am doing wrong.

Remove the Ubuntu option from the BCD.
A menu is only presented if a choice exists.
So, I removed ubuntu and now when I choose Win7 in grub, it takes me directly to windows.

For the past year that I have been using EasyBCD I really liked it. My only problems were after each ubuntu upgrade and now that even bootrec.exe did not work.
Thank you very much Terry for all your help!

Can you summarize your current position.
Which boot menu are you using, grub or bootmgr ?
and which OSs can you access (or not)

Back