Problem with dual boot windows7 and ubuntu10.10

Hello,

I installed windows 7 ultimate on my netbook. Afterwards I installed ubuntu 10.10. I created correctly the /boot partition, also /, swap and /home.
The installation was all ok > i restart the pc > i see the "ugly" grub boot menu and i follow exactly the information for adding ubuntu to the windows bootloader from here: Ubuntu - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki .
I do step 3 but when i restarted my pc i couldnt go to step 4 while my pc loaded automatically into windows 7!

Please help me here!
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Did you click the "add entry" button in step 2 ?
Did you change the bootmgr timeout to 0 or tick the "skip boot menu" option in "Edit Boot Menu" ?
Run EasyBCD and look in "view settings"
Is there a Linux entry ?
If not add one now.
If there is, check in "Edit Boot menu" that the timeout is not 0 and that "skip..." isn't ticked.

pff, i fixed the boot problem but now when i choose linux it loads lots stuff and at end saying to me:
The disk drive for /boot is not ready yet or not present
Continue to wait; or Press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery

Addendum:

Well I re installed ubuntu 10.10. Now i am at the same situation as i was at start. I see the grub2 load menu. Shall i do something else into linux before i log into windows7 and use EasyBCD?
If not i will do again exactly as you say at Ubuntu - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Addendum:

btw I did partitions through this guide How to dual-boot Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7
Dunno if the problem is coz of those partitions maken wrong.

Addendum:

Nothing again, clean install >
where i should see: Step One
When your PC reboots, you'll see Ubuntu's GRUB2 menu with a multitude of (pretty confusing) choices.

i dont see any boot screen, straight to windows7

Last edited:
pff, i fixed the boot problem but now when i choose linux it loads lots stuff and at end saying to me:
The disk drive for /boot is not ready yet or not present
Continue to wait; or Press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery

Addendum:

Well I re installed ubuntu 10.10. Now i am at the same situation as i was at start. I see the grub2 load menu. Shall i do something else into linux before i log into windows7 and use EasyBCD?
If not i will do again exactly as you say at Ubuntu - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Addendum:

btw I did partitions through this guide How to dual-boot Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7
Dunno if the problem is coz of those partitions maken wrong.

Addendum:

Nothing again, clean install >
where i should see: Step One
When your PC reboots, you'll see Ubuntu's GRUB2 menu with a multitude of (pretty confusing) choices.

i dont see any boot screen, straight to windows7
...Compliments of the Season all round......I have a tripleboot 'Julia', 'W7' and 'myhtbuntu' (on 3 drives). I, too, am stumped by a 'Mint' 'Julia' stalling with a '/home not ready......etc': '7' and 'myth' boot fine from GRUB and I can boot into 'Julia' with SGD, but it's not ideal. Anybody any ideas, please? Statutory gratitude applies, DC.:smile:

Back