Problem with Recovery - Vista Orignal Recovery disc

ansh.cardiff

Hello!

I have a laptop HP Pavilion Tx1220 us with Vista Home Premium 32 installed. About few days back , I started getting following error:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows failed to start up. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2.choose your language settings and then click next.
3.click "repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\ststem32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Trials that i have done :

1) Downloaded the installation disc from Neosmart but it landed at a black screen with only a cursor there . and there was no recovery option.

2) Got the Orignal Recovery Disc from HP .

1) when i boot it with DVD, it goes to recovery manager with no advance options and only recovery to factory image.
2) After recovery and formatting , after first restart, it starts installing the software and drivers , BUT it stops in between and restarts.

After that , the above error is displayed again when booted again.

3) After looking at few forums, tried
a) bootrec.exe/fixmbr (completed successfully)
b) bootrec.exe/fixboot (completed successfully)
c) bootrec.exe/rebuildbcd ( total identified windows installations :0)

have done chkdsk C:/f :

it says "windows has checked the file system and found no problems"

"Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log 50"

Kindly help .

I am waiting for the response eagerly
thank you

Addendum:

I dont know how and why but now i am getting the same error message with change in file name , now the name is "\boot\bcd"

please help

Last edited:
Boot up with an Ubuntu live disc to rescue your data if you can and wipe out the existing partitions before running HP's disc to reset to factory defaults.

Back