Problem with TimeTweaker

Coolname007

Distinguished Member
Hi,
I'm having an issue with TimeTweaker not working the way it should. :smile: I created a profile for Nov 23, 2008, but when I try setting my system back to that point in time, I get this error:

Microsoft .Net Framework

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The system cannot file the file specfied.

Details

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at GUI.Manager.MenuClick(Object Sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GUI
Assembly Version: 1.0.2396.34781
Win32 Version: 1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NeoSmart%20Technologies/TimeTweaker/GUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
That is the message I get, and when I click Continue, nothing happens except the error box closes. And then I try opening a app (more specifically-BlazeDVD 5.0 Professional) that's expired to see if it worked, and it obviously hasn't, because it still says its expired. I tried it multiple times, and obtained the same result and same error each time.

I hope Guru or someone else has an answer. :wink:

-Coolname007

Addendum:

Oh, and I found this similar thread ( TimeTweaker JIT Error - The NeoSmart Forums ) where the user "toxic chicken" had the exact same problem, and Guru posted a link for a version of TT that supposedly fixes the issue, but I'm having the same trouble as one of the posters in that thread, and I just get a "Page Load Error" when clicking on the link to try downloading it. I looked through the whole thread, but found no resolution. :x ????

-Coolname007

Addendum:

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm using TimeTweaker on XP, just to clarify things a little...:wink:

-Coolname007

Addendum:

I just thought of something...
If I try a later time (such as one that I actually had the program installed:brows:smile: for the profile, maybe it would work? I'll try that now...

-Coolname007

Addendum:

Nope. :x Just tried it, and same error.

-Coolname007

Last edited:
According to the other thread the fix for it hasnt been published. I understand why it isn't... CG's got enough on his plate.

According to the other thread the fix for it hasnt been published. I understand why it isn't... CG's got enough on his plate.

Wrong. According to the other thread, the fix was in the version of TT Guru posted, but the link doesn't work when I click on it...

-Coolname007

Even after they had tried the fix there were still problems...

You are using the last version right?

Anyone have an idea on what the situation is? Has CG done any kind of work at all on the problem since posting that broken link to the "fix" in the other TimeTweaker thread? :brows: I'm sure its not exactly high in his list of priorities, but I would sure like to know if he's got any plans for at least fixing the broken link...

Please keep me posted of any further developments. I would certainly like the problem solved, as I'm sure the posters in the other thread would. :wink:

-Coolname007

Last edited:
Date Spoofer - TimeTweaker Alternitive

Ok, for thsoe having trouble using TimeTweaker, I've developed a similar program for this purpose.

Thanks to Coolname007 for testing it for me and Computer Guru for allowing me to post it here to help others that may be having TimeTweaker woes.

Obtaining Date Spoofer

You MUST be a registered user and be logged on in order to download. Extract the .zip and place "Date Spoofer.exe" wherever you like. No installation required. Like EasyBCD and other NST projects, the only requirement for use is the .net 2.0 framework.

Date Spoofer has been tested in XP and Vista. It may or may not work in previous versions of Windows as well.

Using Date Spoofer

Use is pretty striaght forward. Date Spoofer resets the date to the correct one upon exit automatically. You also do not need to save a profile before use if you don't want to. You can just as easily use the program by choosing the date and program you want and hitting the Ok button.

If you find issues with Date Spoofer or would like to see a feature added, PM me and i'll try to work it in.

Screenshot:

DateSpooferPic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Date Spoofer version 1.3 has been completed :grinning:

Updated screenshot:
DateSpoofer13Pic.jpg

Changelog from 1 to 1.3:
1) Fixed profiles issue when Date Spoofer is used in XP
1) Fixed reset date issue when Date Spoofer is used in XP
2) Added a reset button so the date can be reset upon request, without having to exit Date Spoofer
(Though Date Spoofer still does it automatically).
4) Put version number in title of the application's window for reference.

No further problems with the program are known at this time. If you spot one, let me know and I'll work on fixing it. If you'd like to see a feature added, PM me.

Download Date Spoofer v1.3

Attachments

• DateSpooferV1.3.zip
    43.8 KB · Views: 11
A new program I've completed (Compatibility Sword) is replacing Date Spoofer. It has additional options for running an older application, and can be used either from the GUI or the command line. Anyone interested may obtain it over at my site.

A new program I've completed (Compatibility Sword) is replacing Date Spoofer. It has additional options for running an older application, and can be used either from the GUI or the command line. Anyone interested may obtain it over at my site.
@ Justin where can i download Compatibility Sword ?

I'm on a Mac and haven't developed it any further. I might be able to find a copy somewhere if still interested.....

My program had 2 options at its last release for date spoofing. You could either
1) Change the actual date of the system temporarily while the program that needs to be tricked is running

OR

2) Intercept calls of the program and spoof the date feedback without changing the date of the system

For the 2nd option, I used NirSoft's RunAsDate. It has a GUI and can also be scripted. You can download RunAsDate from Nirsoft here:
RunAsDate - Run a program with the specified date/time

Congrats on making the switch to Mac, Justin. Sounds like a sane choice :smile:

If you need a place to host files or webpages, drop me an email. I'm sure we can pull that off for you rather easily.

Back