problem

Any file can get a virus. It depends on how the virus is written. But it can target any file. There are even some viruses that attack your BIOS. So there is no safe place for your system. Use a appropiate Virus software like NOD32, AVG or Avast and stay protected.

i used to have nod32 but now i use kaspersky but the thing that gets in my nerves is the donkey sound that comes everytime you get a virus its like there saying your a donkey moron for getting a virus and we have to clean up after you

How else should the program treat you for getting yourself infected?

Just like your parents would yell at you for coming home dirty.....

thats what i like about Imgburn its a program with attitude:
When you forget to label the cd it says :since im such a good program i came up with a label for you
or when you try ending the process too many times after each other it says: i heard you the first time
and the new version has this saying: the pen is mightier than the sword,, and much easier to write with

i mis the good old days when the programs didn't give you atitude they used to give you whatever was in thier systems capability nothing more nothing less and would only ask are you sure and then do as you wished jeez computers these days no respect

Well honestly some people need these things. I mean they have no clue as to what a virus is or anything like that and they need the software to treat them like a n00b. Why not jsut disable the sounds?

i mis the good old days when the programs didn't give you atitude they used to give you whatever was in thier systems capability nothing more nothing less and would only ask are you sure and then do as you wished jeez computers these days no respect

Maybe users should respect developer's feelings more often, and let them code the way they like! :smile:

Exactly. why complain, why wouldn't you want your computer with an attitude.
I like programs like Imgburn because of that. I think it makes it different than other monotone programs.
it gives the Pc a personality it becomes a friend instead of a machine so to speak.
Plus isnt that what AI is all about, a computer with a mind and personality

yeah ronin thatsa kind of right but the program wasprogrammed to say that if you forgot something it didn't coome up with it on it's own but i disagree with cg we are the consumers do they make programs for what you want or what we want the customer is always right and whne they treat us like morons it doesn't make us fell very right

I have worked retail and i will tell you that the Customer is NEVER right. People come in with a idea of what they think is right and when they find out that they thought wrong they get all upset and pissy about it. Not realizing that they were wrong rom the start.

As i stated the programmers have to do this. Yeah there are plenty of techies out there. But for us there are things like NOD32 which doesnt make a sound. For the rest they needs apps like this to let htem know...

"Hey you fool. You did something wrong and something is not right here!!"

If you have jsut a small pop up come up and say

"You are infected"

How fast would that be closed and not even looked at by the average user? They dont care for pop ups and such things and would not pay any attention. So the programmers have to do this to make sure they get the users attention to let them know something is wrong. If you dont like it then dont use that app. Find one that notifies you the way you want. They designed the app that way. You dont have to use it and feel like a moron. But you are choosing to stay with that app.

On that note you should not complain about it. Cause it is you who are staying with it instead of finding a alternative. Not the desingers of the program that are forcing you to stay with it. :wink:

I knwo that Avast would always say

"Virus database has been updated"

For a while it had annoyed me. Cause i really did not need to know when it had updated just that it was updated. So i switched to NOD32 which just has a pop up that say

"Database xxxxxxxx has been installed"

That is what i can live with. I put Avast on the Wifes machine so that she can hear she is up to date since she is not as techie as me. That and i dont want to have to constantly fix her machine and have mine taken over...

all right i think if i want respect ill have to put up with viruses or the other away around i choose life programs i give you explicit permission to insult make fun of ordo whatever you want as long as you take care of us (like some powerful people)

Can we please not turn this into a big debate?

Thanks! :smile:

Addendum:

This "the customer is always right" thing reminds me of this story:

"Word Perfect Technical support; may I help you?"

"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."

"What sort of trouble?"

"Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away."

"Went away?"

"They disappeared."

"Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."

"Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?"

"How do I tell?"

"Can you see the C:\ prompt on the screen?"

"What's a sea-prompt?"

"Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?"

"There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type."

"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"

"What's a monitor?"

"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"

"I don't know."

"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"

....."Yes, I think so."

"Great! Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."

....."Yes, it is."

"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"

"No."

"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable."

....."Okay, here it is."

"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer."

"I can't reach it."

"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"

"No."

"Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"

"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle-it's because it's dark."

"Dark?"

"Yes-the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window."

"Well, turn on the office light then."

"I can't."

"No? Why not?"

"Because there's a power outage."

"A power... A power outage? Aha! Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?"

"Well, yes. I keep them in the closet."

"Good! Go get them and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."

"Really! Is it that bad?"

"Yes, I'm afraid it is."

"Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"

"Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer."
I could swear I posted it here before, but I cannot find it...
What really happened: http://www.snopes.com/humor/business/wordperfect.asp

Last edited:
haha i love that i read it once a couple of months ago nit i havbe a question how do i use the qoutes somebody help i asled before and nobody said anything

I am not trying to make this into a debate. Sorry if it seemed that way. :frowning:

To quote you can do what Guru said with the method or at the bottom of each post there is a Quote button and a "+ button. The Quote will do that whole post while the "+ will allow to multi quote posts. Like say that last 4 or 5 posts you can quote and then reply to tham all at once. :wink:

okay lets try this baby out
To quote you can do what Guru said with the method or at the bottom of each post there is a Quote button and a "+ button. The Quote will do that whole post while the "+ will allow to multi quote posts. Like say that last 4 or 5 posts you can quote and then reply to tham all at once.

or we could use rthe other method
Quote goes here. Be sure to remove the space in the next bit:[/ quote]

Addendum:

um why does it say citation instead of quote? ? thats when i put quotes and then do ctrl c ctrl v

Last edited:
stupid me i realized that right after i posted at first i thouyght for the others when they post and qoute it says "qoute" not citation

Back