Problems using Easy BCD

victorb

Hi,
I am new to the fourm and am asking for help in trying to resolve a problem with booting to either of 2 hard drives.

History:
Previously about a year ago I had a boot selection program installed, which would allow me to boot to a specific disk and this selection came up when initially booting the pc. I assume the boot pgm was installed in Bios???
All was well until I either had a sys lockup in my xp disc (Disc 1) and had to repair XP Home 32bit using the program disk. At the time when I went to boot I only had the XP program in the menu and a selection to boot to the "Repair Console". This what brought me to invest in EasyBCD.
Both OS's operate fine...
My sys info is as follows:
PC Pent Duo, Intel DG33FB board, 8gb Ram and 2 250gb disks.
Disk 1: XP Home 32bit W/SP3
Disc 2: Win7 Pro 64bit

Problem
I canot boot to Disk 2 Win7 and I do not see EasyBCD in the startup.

How do I fix this peroblem????
Do I need to clear out the initial boot selection entries? If so how do I do it???
I am not totaly computer savy, I build my own systems and probably know enough to really get into serious trouble.

Appreciate any and all help resolving this issue and thanks for letting me vent...

Victorb

Last edited:
"Both OS's operate fine..."
"I cannot boot into... W7....." ?
Do you mean that you can boot W7 by altering the BIOS boot sequence but not through a menu ?

Thanks terry, I'll try that and let you know...
Vic

Addendum:

Well Terry, I thought my W7 was fine but when I booted it I got a "Missing BootMGR" message???
Do I need to repair with the W7 Disk??

Vic

Addendum:

I downloaded and installed the Stop_XP. reg file and rebooted.

Addendum:

Thanks terry, I'll try that and let you know...
Vic

Addendum:

Well Terry, I thought my W7 was fine but when I booted it I got a "Missing BootMGR" message???
Do I need to repair with the W7 Disk??

Vic

Addendum:

I downloaded and installed the Stop_XP. reg file and rebooted.

reloaded repair for W7 and rebooted, all is ok and I installed EASYBCD and started it, hopefully when I go and reboot I should see a selection.

Addendum:

Thanks to all the info available to us on this fourm, I was able to resolve my problems with boot mgr.

Thanks to all who helped...

Last edited:
Back