Problems with switching from UEFI to Legacy mode

cyro

So,i need help Dualbooting Linux, i saw couple o' tutorials o YouTube, and as expected most of them use EasyBCD, now my problem is that the options for Linux are greyed out, and i know EXACTLY why, it's because of the UEFI mode, now i know i should be able to easily go into BIOS and change Boot from UEFI>Legacy
That's the problem, my BIOS does not have that option. And that's what i need help with, only thing im not risking to do is flashing the BIOS, if that's the only thing then ill just get a new PC.
Thanks in advance!
PS: I couldn't find any screenshots of the BIOS, but as i googled the BIOS version and eveyrthing, nothing came up.

You can't just change the BIOS mode.
If you look in EasyBCD "view settings", you'll see that your system is booting using the EFI bootmgr which is calling the EFI loader (winload.efi, not winload.exe)
If you managed to revert to BIOS legacy mode your PC wouldn't boot at all.
MS won't allow your UEFI PC to boot anything "foreign" or "legacy".
The only approach is to let the more broad-minded Linux take control of your PC's boot process and have it chain Windows for you.
Read all about it here
EasyBCD and UEFI

You can't just change the BIOS mode.
If you look in EasyBCD "view settings", you'll see that your system is booting using the EFI bootmgr which is calling the EFI loader (winload.efi, not winload.exe)
If you managed to revert to BIOS legacy mode your PC wouldn't boot at all.
MS won't allow your UEFI PC to boot anything "foreign" or "legacy".
The only approach is to let the more broad-minded Linux take control of your PC's boot process and have it chain Windows for you.
Read all about it here
EasyBCD and UEFI
Okay so, will my PC Manufacturer be able to help me out? (Hyrican)
I contacted them and gave them my PC Serial Number, its some kind of German PC Manufacturer that's apparently available only in Germany,
Anyways, thanks for the answer, i hope i'll get this done ASAP.

You can _manually_ switch your Windows installation to legacy/BIOS mode, but that would require installing the correct MBR, bootsector, and bootloader (then configuring them accordingly) after which point you can boot into Windows in either of EFI or legacy/BIOS modes. EasyRE does this automatically, but it's not recommended to do so unless you absolutely have to since it can introduce complications when the GPT and MBR are out of sync.

Back