Product Key Tool: Unable to open MSDM table!

Obviously in your case (& mine actually as my system is an older one) other key finder tools are what is needed. But either way, Microsoft remembers it for you.

Your licence key is hashed somewhere in the OS. There are many tools available which will find it.
Our tool is looking solely at the key (if it exists) which is embedded in the hardware by the OEM.

Your licence key is hashed somewhere in the OS. There are many tools available which will find it.
Our tool is looking solely at the key (if it exists) which is embedded in the hardware by the OEM.

OK you are saying my license key is hashed somewhere in the OS, the other person that is also working for Neosmart says it is installed on a cloud, so who is correct I guess it really does not matter to much if you read the earlier post because I used a different product key finder and now I have it. But thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

None of us work with Neosmart, we are simply volunteers. We are saying that the Neosmart tool is only for use on machines that have the key embedded in the chip (not the Cloud or buried elsewhere in the registry).
It wont work with any other type of machines.
Those other tools mentioned previously may or may not work. Windows 10 remains a mystery to most of us, so it's all hit and miss with the use of 3rd party tools.
If you have questions about them, then ask at their respective support sites.

OK sounds good ... No questions I have the product Key using another product and just did a clean install and the key works great. Thank you..

This game of 'Where's Waldo' that Microsoft and the PC manufacturers have set up with the product key is just one more insidious way to get more money (milk) out of their customers (cattle). I had to reset my Windows and this blew away the product key. It's not in BIOS, it's not hidden anywhere on the disk.. Neither MS nor HP are willing to help me without my forking over more $$. I've been a devout Windows user for decades having changed camps when the Apple 2 was out, but I'm ready to go back. My hate for MS has finally turned to rage.

This game of 'Where's Waldo' that Microsoft and the PC manufacturers have set up with the product key is just one more insidious way to get more money (milk) out of their customers (cattle). I had to reset my Windows and this blew away the product key. It's not in BIOS, it's not hidden anywhere on the disk.. Neither MS nor HP are willing to help me without my forking over more $$. I've been a devout Windows user for decades having changed camps when the Apple 2 was out, but I'm ready to go back. My hate for MS has finally turned to rage.

I formatted my drive and reloaded 10 with no problems. I even reset another computer and still not one problem.

I formatted my drive and reloaded 10 with no problems. I even reset another computer and still not one problem.

Hi Jeff100. Which (other) product did you use to establish the Key for Win 10 re-installation? After the comments on this posting, I have downloaded a package but am put off because my Anti-Virus software is warning me against it. I suspect it may be a mis-warning but would rather not take the chance.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards.

Geoff H.

Back