Programming

Kahai

Distinguished Member
^ very interesting

i know you may have said it before

but what is easybcd and this and your other programs written in? the same thing, or diffrent languages for different programs?

Honestly, just about any language I need to use. Programming is universal, it's almost the same no matter what language you're using. The only difference is knowing what command does what, but the actual how to program never changes.

(so far I've written programs in C/C++, Java, C#, VB, JavaScript, PHP, Perl, and Python)

Perhaps we can continue this discussion in its own thread elsewhere?

(made for sir CG)

okay so this is the thread for programming

i am still learning to program, i am learning Java right now

OK, we've made it to the new thread in one piece :grinning: <G>

Java is a great language to get started in, especially since you're a cross-platform/dual-booting kind of guy :smile:

Do you take any programming languages in your required university cirriculum?

I just wanted to say that I tried to program before, and it kinda worked a little bit, but umm.... it wasn't very interesting looking in lines of code all day long :tongueout:

I had Dev C++ 4.0, if I remember correctly.

lol, that must have been a while back then, eh? :tongueout:

Programming is a really weird thing: you either get it (and if you do, you highly enjoy it) or you don't..... and whether you do or don't has nothing to do with smarts or anything so much as whether it's in your blood to be a coder or not :smile:

But that's a good thing! After all, Sarge, if we were all game engine coders, who would make our kick-ass graphics and models for us!?

^ lol true true

um as far as i know, i have to go in order... java 1, java 2, and then i can take C/C++ i think, and then they have more high languages for seniors and such, and a graduate program too

Indeed, we need modelers and other artists :grinning:

Sargy even made a program, back then, yeah it was a while... The program had 2 buttons, help menu, and 1 label, and one text box, what it did was.... you enter the text in text box, and when you hit button "update" it updates label with entered text, the other button was to clear text field, help was empty :grinning: And it worked.

My next program was made to add files to the list and let you change the view of that file list (view as icons, file list, details); very useful as you can see :tongueout:

I was doing it from tutorials, and it worked... just the thing was, I wasn't very excited about it so... I quit :lol:

I really enjoy it, i think its pretty fun ^_^

ive messed around with python some too, thanks to ubuntu lol

and i then i found out that the library has the shell installed YAY! lol

so if i go to the library:

Code:
a,b = 0,1
while b > 10:
print b
a, b = b, a+b

^ i think that it might be in just about all laguages

java has a print command, and a more common println

i know there are many other print* things lol

java can also do print f from C(/C++?)

I really enjoy it, i think its pretty fun ^_^

ive messed around with python some too, thanks to ubuntu lol

and i then i found out that the library has the shell installed YAY! lol

so if i go to the library:

Code:
a,b = 0,1
while b > 10:
print b
a, b = b, a+b

If that's intended to be Python, you're missing out on the most important aspect: the indentation for the while loop!

:scared: :brows:

^ lol

yes well i know

I dont know how to "tab" i sorries

i wanted to tab too, but alas

Code:
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]a,b = 0,1[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]while b > 10:[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]         print b[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]         a, b = b, a+b[/FONT]

oh wait found it YAY​

^ ^ lol
^ lol

yes well it was always right :tongueout: i knew to put those in, i dont use the full reply menu all the time lol i <3 quick reply lol

Back