Properly Setting up Dual Boot

I didn't suggest using HnS again Guru, because I figured it might be on the Vista system and hence hidden from use at that moment, but at least you've made the menu easy to find !

I didn't suggest using HnS again Guru, because I figured it might be on the Vista system and hence hidden from use at that moment, but at least you've made the menu easy to find !
Good thinking, Terry! Definitely not a good idea to run HnS if the Vista partition is hidden :grinning:

I'm sure Guru will be pleased that you like it.
Keep watching the boards for the full release in the future, which is promised to give a smarter boot menu, but particularly for the next release of iReboot. (the current release was very nice but is not compatible with HnS)
iReboot gives you a notification area Icon which you can use to take you directly from Vista to XP (or any other multi-boot option) and vice-versa, without having to wait for the boot screen selection to appear. (like an intelligent "restart")
Don't use the present version though. It works with the EasyBCD menu that you've just abandoned not the HnS one you're now using.
At least you can be happy now that your Vista system restore will keep working. (Go into Vista's Control Panel/System/System Protection and untick all the drives that Vista doesn't hide - there's no point letting Vista keep restore files on them, that XP keeps resetting - Just leave your hidden drive(s) selected)

Back