Putting PC in standby

Tauseti

I have not been able to put my PC in standby mode since I set up a dual boot of Win 7-64bit and Win XP-Pro. They are on 2 physical drives, and I have made XP the default OS to load. The standby mode works going into it, but the system does a cold reboot instead of coming out of standby. Does Easy BCD have any configuration that would help with this?

I'm pretty sure I've heard of this and it's a known issue from Microsoft's end.

But the answer to your question is that unfortunately, no, there's nothing EasyBCD can do to help.

I have made XP the default OS to load. The standby mode works going into it, but the system does a cold reboot instead of coming out of standby.
My setup often times won't come-out of Standby either but this is when running W7. Using XP everything works perfectly.

Since Standby in XP works perfectly, but "Sleep" (why'd they change terminology???) in W7 does not, I have to assume it's a W7 Power Options problem, or W7 drivers. Very aggravating, because sometimes it comes-out of Sleep just fine, other times it wakes-up but I get no video or kb response and I can Reset the PC and it reboots with "Resuming Windows" (from hiberfil no doubt) which is pretty good, and then still other times it wakes w/no vid or kb/mouse but requires a full "hold the power button and cold reboot the thing". :??

Read somewhere that you need to check "S3" sleep option is set in the Bios for Windows 7. Don't know if this is correct but worth a look in your Bios.

It's usually something to do with ACPI drivers, and they're very, *very* picky - they require both the software and hardware to be designed to suite one another perfectly to work correctly. That's why Linux has lots of problems sleeping.

Back