Quad Boot issue win xp, vista, 7, and 10

Hello all. I am having some issues after setting up easyBCD on my system. Each os is installed to its own drive no partitions. And I installed each os before installing easybcd.I built it so I could play old pc games from each os. Q

After selecting an os from the menu I can get into windows 10 without issue.

When selecting windows 7 i can boot and get to the login screen but at the login screen I lose usb functionality so I cant login. Usb works fine if I have all drives unplugged and boot directly to Windows 7 without using bootloader.

When picking windows vista I get a BSOD. It flashes to quickly for me to read or capture a screen shot before it reboots and goes back to the boot loader.

Windows XP says it needs to be repaired and cant be accessed at all. I may need to buy easyRE as repairing with my win xp disc isnt working. I tried usingy winxp and doing a repair and seems to not recognize the insta

Im not sure what I did wrong and any help will be appreciated. So other information. When installing each os to its own drive I had all others disconnected to make sure none woyld corrupt the other. Win10 and win7 are on ssds while win vista and xp are on mechanical harddrives. I have easyBCD setup with win10 as the default.

If you need more information such as system specs or screen shots please let me know.

Thank you in advance! I really appreciate any help.

Is this a UEFI PC ?
If you've installed the newer OSs on UEFI GPT SSDs and the legacy OSs on BIOS MBR HHDs, you'll have trouble trying to multi-boot, though each OS will be fine on its own
Windows and GPT FAQ

Yes it is a UEFI pc. The mother board is an MSI csm-Q47m-e43. In the bios i have it set to uefi+legacy. I was unable to get windows xp to install before I did this.

So something that i just tried but didnt try before. I set SATA mode in the bios. The boot loader no longer works which I expected. But now I can boot windows XP.

Am I having these issues because of the way I initially setup the system? Doing each os individually with all other drives disconnected?

If I have to wipe everything and start over i dont mind.

Back