Quirky Boot Scenario?

Discussion in 'EasyBCD Support' started by friendly-dude, Oct 13, 2017.

1. friendly-dude

friendly-dude New Member

My 'live' system is running W10 Anniv edition. I have installed W10 Creators ('test' system) in a spare partition on the same drive as the live system. This created a dual boot BCD but I have editted it with EasyBCD to make the live system the default and to have a 30 second delay in the boot menu. Both systems boot up . If I shutdown the live system, when I power on the computer the live system immediately boots back up - there is no menu of any type displayed. If I restart the live system it gives a boot menu (white text on black background) on restart. If I restart the test system the same thing happens. If I shutdown the test system, on power up I get a blue background with the bootable systems in boxes which looks pretty. Can you please explain what is going on?

2. Terry60

Terry60 Knows where his towel is. Staff Member

Retired System Programmer
  3. friendly-dude

friendly-dude New Member

Thanks Terry, I've unticked the "Turn on fast startup" on both systems and they are both behaving the same now. I'm not sure why they were behaving differently. I also no longer get the blue screen, can you explain that please?

4. Terry60

Terry60 Knows where his towel is. Staff Member

Retired System Programmer
    That GUI boot screen (originally called Metro) began with W8. It's an option you can tick in EasyBCD "Edit boot menu"