Raid 0 Dual Boot Windows Xp and ubuntu 8.10

because of a bug, I can not boot windows xp from grub. that is why I installed vista's bootloader to boot windows and ubuntu installations. and then I configured vistabootloader with easybcd for ubuntu and xp boot entries. now there is no problem with windows xp boot, but still I can not achieve to boot ubuntu
this is my usual grub entry
## ## End Default Options ##

title Ubuntu intrepid (development branch), kernel 2.6.27-4-generic
root (hd0,8)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.27-4-generic root=/dev/mapper/isw_dijhccibbc_Volume09 ro quiet splash
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.27-4-generic

title Ubuntu intrepid (development branch), kernel 2.6.27-4-generic (recovery mode)
root (hd0,8)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.27-4-generic root=/dev/mapper/isw_dijhccibbc_Volume09 ro single
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.27-4-generic

title Ubuntu intrepid (development branch), memtest86+
root (hd0,8)
kernel /boot/memtest86+.bin

but I think because of raid "root=/dev/mapper/isw_dijhccibbc_Volume09" doesnt work correctly but this may not be true :smile:

well this is my last chance to use dual boot on raid0 setup, so waiting for any idea :smile:

Mak 2.0

Staff member
Use EasyBCD without Vista? - The NeoSmart Forums

As stated in that topic there. Cant use the Vista bootloader without Vista. Sorry. Just isnt possible. EasyBCD isnt made to force install the BCD loader. It is jsut a GUI representation of workign with BCDEdit.exe of Vista.