Rebel EasyBCD or a poor operator?

antonbru

My installation of EasyBCD looks not working correctly:

On a PC with XP SP3, I installed Windows 10 Pro in a different drive. Starting from W10 I installed EasyBCD, then added XP on the boot sequence and obtained the EB Set image.
W10 sees these drives:
C: (Dati2) where W10 is installed
D: (Sistema) where XP is installed
E: (Sist2)
F: (Sist3)
G: (Dati1)

After a new start from W10 I see the Eb Scelta image and chose XP: the system starts again and display EB Errore. The Enter key takes me again to Eb Scelta with the result of before, unless I key W10, in which case W10 starts regularly.

If I change the boot drive, XP starts requesting a Scandsk to repair all disks, which in fact aren’t damaged.
XP sees these drives:
C: (Sistema) where XP is installed
D: (Sist2)
E: (Sist3)
F: (Dati1)
G: (Dati2) where W10 is installed

I have two phisical disks:
500 GB: Sistema 125 GB - Sist2 125 GB - Sist3 250 GB
1 EB Set.jpg EB Scelta.jpg EB Errore.jpg TB: Dati1 500 GB - Dat 2 500 GB

I repeated many times the sequence, also installing again W10 whit same results, but I don’t understand where I failed.

Can somebody kindly help me (in spite of my english)?

Thanks

Did you change anything that EasyBCD set up when you added XP to the W10 BCD ?
It looks like you've changed the XP drive to D (because you thought EasyBCD was wrong).
Don't change anything EasyBCD sets up for you.
It knows what has to be where and how to chain it all together.
Also, with regard to your Scandisk "errors", this might well describe your problem.
https://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12890

Did you change anything that EasyBCD set up when you added XP to the W10 BCD ?
It looks like you've changed the XP drive to D (because you thought EasyBCD was wrong).
Don't change anything EasyBCD sets up for you.
It knows what has to be where and how to chain it all together.
Also, with regard to your Scandisk "errors", this might well describe your problem.
https://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12890

Thaks Terry60 for your quick answer.
I didn’t change anything: the first screenshot is what EasyBCD did and I used.
I think the D: drive is where W10 sees to be XP.
About the errors on the “XP drives”, I saw it is possible to ignore them by means of the register “Boot execute” in <HKey_Local_Machine-System-CurrentControlSet-Control-Session Manager> or repairing them by a very long session of Scandisk.
Do you have some more ideas?

Easyldr1 shows that you've manually entered the XP data.
There's no need to ever use Easyldr unless you have multiple XP systems. Neosmart's Easyldr is a solution to the problem of a two-stage boot process when booting multiple XPs. You don't need it.
Delete the XP entry and add it again, letting EasyBCD auto-configure (tick the auto box).
Read all about the details here
Windows XP

Easyldr1 shows that you've manually entered the XP data.
There's no need to ever use Easyldr unless you have multiple XP systems. Neosmart's Easyldr is a solution to the problem of a two-stage boot process when booting multiple XPs. You don't need it.
Delete the XP entry and add it again, letting EasyBCD auto-configure (tick the auto box).
Read all about the details here
Windows XP

Hi Terry, this time, following your suggestion, it worked!
I should have been very stupid.
Clearly I inadvertently changed some setting, may be exploring the options.
Thank you very much again

Back