Recover deleted folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

igeorge

Using the recovery cd, by mistacke i deleted a folder .
How I can recover it because I did not see a recicle bin ?
Thank you

You don't say what system this is but normally you can download a bootable copy of Windows from Microsoft using either their Media Creation Tool or their downloads page and making a bootable DVD or Flash drive to repair the system.;
Actually all support for EasyRE is via eMail - sales@neosmart.net

Hello Ex_Brit,
The problem is more complex. Here is a short history. For the last 2-3 months, the installer file on my Windows 4 Ultimate did not work.
I found out a few days ago when I wanted to install my printer drivers. Read a lot on the web, but did not find a solution, then I bought a software called
RESTORO. Stays away from them-CROOKS. It did not work, so I called them. They offered to do a remote repair. The guy just installed it on my PC, "Windows All in one repair", from Tweaking. com, and let it run for an hour. In the end, after rebooting, I got a missing driver message. 10 times. Each time I copied from my other windows 7 (identical), the driver on the system32/drivers. The last driver missing, was "volsnap.sys". I put it and then I got at start BSOD
with error 7E.
It was so fast, that I had to film the screen with my phone to see it.
Next "MISTAKE", I bought Windows Recovery CD from NeoSmart.
After boot, it did show TWO drives, and I had the filing that maybe is wrong because on the PC case was just a drive connected. Here, by mistake, I deleted a folder on one of the drives.
Then, I checked the cables and find out that I had my USB drive connected too. I disconnected and then I was left with the bad drive. Even though I had a restore point made before the All in one windows repair from Tweaking.com started cleaning the drive, the CD from Neosmart, did not find it. So, I said Automatic Repair. That was the Next Mistake. After boot, no BSOD, BUT ... I got a message "PREPARING YOUR DESKTOP", and after 10 minutes, I end up with a blank screen, just the mouse cursor and in the left bottom a message that the WINDOWS IS NOT GENUINE.
I start task manager and start a new task - Explorer.
Now the screen shows me just a few shortcuts from the PUBLIC user, and the start button. Regardless of what I click, none of them works. I will take pictures and write to Neosmart for help and a refund, but they are terrible.
Anytime you write to them, they NEVER respond. Maybe I have to call my Visa and ask for a refund because they refuse to help or respond.
That is all my horror story.
Thank you for trying to help.

Window 4 it was a typing error
Second, I did not write for support, I just tried to explain in detail my situation,
I wrote of course to sales@neosmart.net, TWO emails, and they never replied to me.

Hello Ex_Brit,
Looks like your efforts or messages to Neosmart follow my saga, meaning no answer.
like I said above "I wrote of course to sales@neosmart.net, TWO emails, and they never replied to me."
I am to the point that I am so tired to talk to deaf ears, so maybe I forget everything and do it on my own, or forget about what I lost.
It is frustrating for such an attitude from a well-known company.

Deleting a folder is a serious action and in order to retrieve it you would have needed an 'undelete' software.
Nothing here will do that.
Alternatively you could restore a disc image, again nothing here will do that but Windows will, if you created an image in the first place.
EasyRE is for repairing a system start or boot function only and will not always work due to limitation placed on Neosmart by Microsoft.
Often only Microsoft System Discs will work and even then they often need to be run several times.
Locking thread as case is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back