RECOVERY VISTA OEM

Hy! I have a problem with my new pc (acer M3640 Q6600). When I intall XP the mbr was modified and then not started. I formated the partition with Vista but my hide partition wil not started.
I have tried recovery with the recovery disk for vista 64 bits but the pc tell me "windows cannot open the required file K:\Sources\Install.wim. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code 0x80070002."
I press alt + F10 but the ntldr is missing.
When I start my pc puts on the screen something similar at "YooYoo".

Hi Gabriel, welcome to NST.
The ISO downloads on this site contain no Vista installation files. You cannot click on the "Install" button. It will do nothing (except give you the error you experienced)
The recovery disks are to allow you to repair a broken boot process if you don't have your own bootable media provided by Acer.
What are you trying to do ?
Do you wan't to dual-boot XP with your Vista, or are you downgrading Vista to XP ?

Hi Terry! Thank you very much for answering. My pc had Vista and I want to reinstall it.
When I buy the acer pc, it install Vista only. I've had to do anything.
I think that the hidden partition contains all installation files and that the error is on the boot of this hide partition (pqservice).

If you're just trying to fix the Vista boot after installing XP, then boot the DVD like before, but don't click "install". Go to the "repair my computer" option at the bottom left, and from the next screen "repair startup".
When it has finished repairing, you'll probably need to boot the CD again and choose the same repair options (It only fixes one thing at a time)
Just keep trying (probably 2 or 3 times) until Vista boots again without the need for the CD.

Back