registry/file leftovers

It doesn't quite run EasyBCD out of the box. Asside from getting EasyBCD to run at this time, it well still give anyone doing this an error finding the bcd as mentioned in post 16 until 2.0 like you stated. I'm mentioning how it can be done though for when 2.0 does come. And you also need to run .net portable still. The problem i'm referring to is in regard to .net portable, but once that runs you can pretty much run any .net app including EasyBCD from within PE.

Addendum:

Well option B's not an option anymore. Just tried a new installation with the plugin that came with 3.22. I know the app is working fine cause it runs under normal Windows, so that leaves us with option A :frowning:

Sample batch file for starting the required cmd script so we don't haft to go looking for it each time we start PE (Assuming your windows directory is minint like in my example. Otherwise adjust accordingly, like i386 if you're putting together a CD:

Code:
[FONT=Arial]@echo off[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]start X:\minint\system32\vc2005rt-install.cmd[/FONT]

A good place for that batch file is at the root of the drive, so that you just open the drive and its there for easy access.

You can also create a shortcut, but this is a little tougher. I perfer the batch file method because it doesnt care what drive you're referring to as long as it is the one it is ran from (unless you tell it to otherwise). This is all that needs to be done after you have booted PE to get the runtime going, but remember that you haft to do it each time. A pain I know, but worth the trouble if you want to get your .net apps working. Next you run .net portable and when it finally loads correctly you know you can load apps like EasyBCD, etc. You might want to speed this process along. This can be achieved by adding a new line to the batch file with: start <path to .net portable>. So that it runs the cmd script for the runtime and then lanuches .net portable so all you haft to worry about is loading your .net app like you wanted to do from the get-go.

Well I hope the 200mb or w/e this plugin adds to the build is worth it. Your builds will need to always go on DVD/UFD for sure. Pretty much no hope of getting it all on a CD.

Last edited:
Has 2.0 devlopment gone far enough where I can try this out yet? (never got the build so thought it still needed some revising) I know its still beta but I want to try it out so I can write up a tutorial for users to follow in order to see it working in time for the release.

The link you posted in [post=25738]Post #16[/post] is not working, Justin. I get sent to a page on SourceForge that says "Exiting with Error".
I guess I'll have to Google it to find the portable .Net...

The projects been discontinued unforuntately and SF appears to be requiring users to register now to access a lot of thier projects. CG and myself have worked out an agreement to host it along with the tutorial.

The projects been discontinued unforuntately and SF appears to be requiring users to register now to access a lot of thier projects.
Well, that explains why I couldn't find it then...not even with Google. :x
CG and myself have worked out an agreement to host it along with the tutorial.

Well, that's certainly good news! :smile: Mind giving an estimate when that's going to happen? And I'm assuming by it you mean the portable .Net Framework?

Sometime around or after EasyBCD's 2.0 final release. I'm still unsure of whether or not it'll all work out as expected and there are some last minute touches CG needs to implement into 2.0 to make it possible.

Last edited:
Back