Reluctant Triple-boot

Linux_wannabe

I am starting a new thread because the last one seemed to die out, even though my issue didn't.

Guru, here is that Drive Grabber info you had asked for: "\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0
Disk #0, Partition #0, Type: Unknown
Disk #0, Partition #1, Type: Installable File System
C:
Disk #0, Partition #2, Type: Installable File System
Disk #0, Partition #3, Type: Extended Partition
\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2
Disk #2, Partition #0, Type: Installable File System
G:
\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1
Disk #1, Partition #0, Type: Installable File System
E:"

The XP is installed on that third Partition on Drive 0. But, it is unable to boot.

Here is a recent copy of the boot.ini file: "[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
;multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
"

Vista and Ubuntu are booting fine, but attempting the XP Pro results in a hal.dll error.

Can someone please tell me what needs to be changed?

Thanks!
Darin

That's just it, man--I don't believe that it ever got assigned a letter. I don't remember ever specifically looking at that back when it was in a bootable condition, but I would imagine it was using the standard C:.

When looking at the Drive Grabber output, XP was/is installed at the "Disk #0, Partition #3, Type: Extended Partition" location. I wish I could give ya a better answer than that, but that's as much as I can tell you. I also wish that stupid Chkdsk from Recovery Console would fix whatever is preventing Bootcfg from performing a rebuild.

Please let me know if I can provide more or different info for you and thanks a bunch!

Darin

Back