Remove iReboot From Startup

When installing iReboot, you are given the option of running it at startup.

You can remove it by deleting the entry in Start Menu | Startup Programs.

Did Not Install

But i did not "install" iReboot, it came bundled with EasyBCD. I was never "asked" whether to autoload on startup.

it surprises me that, in new software with such a rich interface, that there's no option to disable loading on startup. i'm surprised i have to manually edit my start menu.

No, actually it didn't.

iReboot doesn't come with EasyBCD. However, EasyBCD has a feature that will download and install iReboot for you.

When you press the iReboot button in the "Useful Utilities" section of EasyBCD, it will check if iReboot is installed. If it's not, it'll download it and launch the installer; which will ask you if it should be run at startup or not.

i humbly suggest you add an option, perhaps in the shortcut menu in the notification area/system tray, to NOT load at startup.

thanks

i humbly suggest you add an option, perhaps in the shortcut menu in the notification area/system tray, to NOT load at startup.

thanks
While this is a good suggestion it offers all this during the setup which you haev already agreed to. At that point wouldnt it be on the user to make sure they know what they are agreeing to before they just click enter?

I can understand your position. But you are making it seem like it is the applications fault when you already agreed to these terms during install. As Guru already stated iReboot isnt installed with EasyBCD and you had to go thru it setup process in order for it to get installed. Which means you have already agreed to it loading at startup.

It is a good suggestion to have a option to remove it from startup. But it wouldnt be there if you didnt agree for it to be there.:wink:

NST doesn't write software that takes over your PC or anything of that sort; the only reason it runs at startup is because we're assuming 99% of our users will want iReboot to run at startup - it loses its purpose/benefit (efficiency) otherwise.

Is this an incorrect assumption?

No that is not a incorrect assumption. To me the users who install the software should read the prompts they get before they just click okay. Then they assume the application will work as they want it. I mean if you have a prompt that pops up asking if you want the application to run at startup and they click yes. You responsibility is done. It is on them for anything after that. They are responsible after they click okay.

Many users have to get into the habit of reding the prompts and stop click okay to get the isntall done with. :wink:

Back