Remove Vista and install XP!

Mythickarmic

:frowning: I was told to come here because I haven't been able to use my new computer with Vista on it since I've had it - about 4 weeks now. I don't like Vista at all and want Xp instead. I was told it couldn't be done. I tried that program that does a "multi-boot" which is hard for me to use since it keeps saying eror, after, error, and I'm not sure what multi-booting even is. (I know, I'm a lost cause!) But I have no CDRom drive on my old puter (this one) and my new one is almost triple the size the this one - and no floppy drive either. I don't know what else I can possibly do. All the best, Mythic

Hi Mythic,

Do you have an XP installation CD?

If so, just stick it in the drive, boot from it, then install as normal. No need to mess around with the bootloader or anything.

Help Need To Uninstall Vista And Install Xp

Help!

I need to uninstall Vista on a newly purchased laptop and install Windows XP. How do I do this?

Thank you,

Cheryl94:wink:

Hi Cheryl, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

Just stick your XP CD in the drive, boot from it. When prompted, format the Vista partition and install.

Good luck.

I have the window xp installation disk, but when i put it in and click install I get an error messege saying, installation blocked because the OS im using is newer than the one im trying to install. Is their another way i can remove vista? I also tried formatting my hard drive but it wont let me because Im using the OS.

You have to boot from the CD. If you cant boot from it check your BIOS that you boot from CD drive before your hrd drive. You can not install XPfrom within Vista cuat Vista is newer.

Back