Removing an OS

bsk

I have finally found a way to get into windows boot loader on system start from http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Ubuntu .
I now have windows 8 boot menu at system start and Ubuntu 11.04 is the other OS alongside windows. I want to remove ubuntu from my system. Now if I format the drive in which ubuntu is installed from windows, at the next system startup will i still be able to see windows boot menu?
The reason i'm asking this is that when there is GRUB2 at system start, if the drive in which ubuntu is present is formatted , then even the windows boot menu does't appear and one of my friends had to format the system completely and installed windows again. Now as we can see windows boot menu directly, can I safely remove Ubuntu now?

Please post a screenshot of W8 Disk Management so we can see the disposition of all of your partitions.
The sticky will say how if you need help.

Screenshot of Disc management. Ubuntu is installed in 9.54GB partition

Attachments

• discM.PNG
    discM.PNG
    45.8 KB · Views: 3
You should be safe to remove that partition.
You will need to delete the BCD entry (EasyBCD "Edit Boot Menu") for Ubuntu as well otherwise it will keep presenting you with a boot menu you don't need.

Back