Repair with command line

tang

Hi,

First I wanted to thank you for sharing this really usefull software. I decided to use it as I didn't make a recovery disk and as my recovery partition wasn't working anymore. I downloaded Eazy RE and I burned it on a DVD with ImgBurn as it is said. And that's working I arrived on the screen of SliTaz and I tried the automated repair but that didn't work since that wasn't able to find the disk with the recovery partition even though in partition editor it is said that there's one. Then I used the command line but it can't find the bootrec.exe/fixmbr may be because there's something before I can't erase (root@winre: /var/triplehelix#). Otherwise I'd like to know how to apply changes because that's quite hard to write on an azerty keyboard if it's qwerty.

Hope, I explained well my problems (in a good english: if there are mistakes please tell me and I would do my best to improve) and that I wasn't too long.

Thanks and Best regards, 

Tang

Hi tang,

Are you unable to see any drives in the automated repair search screen, or does it show them as data volumes?

No, it says unable to find any valid windows partition on this computer. And it also advices me to try to recover with testdisk. For the command Line it says, when I type bootrec.exe/fixmbr, not found.

Two things: can you post triplehelix.log (found in the directory you first see when you use browse/backup), and if you do browse/backup can you see your Windows installation? I fear it may have been formatted.

Hi, sorry I haven't been at home for a while. So I've found triple hélix.log, and took a picture but actually I don't know how to post it from my IPhone. (and I've got also a problem with the homepage of the forum which is half-cutted on my screen). For thé Windows installation where and what shall I see if I still have it. Otherwise what's to fear of it was formatted?
Thanks for this answer and also for the next ones.

Back