Repairing Windows 7 Startup

aussa

I have Windows 7 and OpenSUSE, I'd like to delete openSUSE. I have a boot partition with GRUB, I don't know if only by deleting that partition my pc will boot into Windows 7, I tried to follow this steps for recovering the bootoader but non of them worked, I don't know what to do, i'll apreciate any help, thank you.

EasyBCD 2.0 > Bootloader Setup > Install Vista/7 bootloader to the MBR > Write MBR
Boot into W7, then you should be able to delete the Linux partition.

EasyBCD 2.0 > Bootloader Setup > Install Vista/7 bootloader to the MBR > Write MBR
Boot into W7, then you should be able to delete the Linux partition.

Does it matter if a get this message at opening EasyBCD "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The system cannot find the file specified. Would you like to manually load a BCD registry for EasyBCD to manage?"

EasyBCD looks in the "active" partition.
If the BCD isn't there (inside the \boot folder), it will ask you where to find it.
This would indicate that your W7 "system" flag (where the boot files are) is not the "active" partition (where the MBR looks for the boot files)
Navigate to the BCD on your W7 partition, (or possibly to an unlettered partition called System Reserved, depending on how W7 was installed)
If the latter, you'll need to give the partition a letter first so that the explorer dialogue can find it.

Last edited:
Back