Reported problem with screen reader twice nothing changes.

I reported the fact that in some parts of the ezbcd program my screen reader just says the word button (in the useful utilities section) it does this for 4 or 5 buttons. I have had replies both times but over the past 6 months or so there has been no improvement with this issue at all. Really disappointed.

Hello Anthony,
I genuinely apologize for this, I hope you can understand how it can be difficult to get around to fixing screen reader support as it involves installing custom software and learning an entirely new side of using the computer (an experience for which I am grateful).

That said, I do finally have something for you. Can you please try the build attached to this post (EasyBCD 2.3 Beta build 200) and see if it fixes at least some of your concerns? I tried it out with a different screen reading program (not JAWS), and I think it resolves the problem?

Please note that in this beta build, the actual buttons for the Useful Utilities are broken and do not perform as expected (they'll probably give you a page not found error); however, navigating between them with the keyboard should reflect the changes we've made to increase support for screen readers. I confess that I don't know how to make the paragraph-long descriptions of hover-text associate with the buttons when tabbing between them, but a basic description is now available.

Attachments

• EasyBCD 2.3 Beta - Build 200.exe
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Hello Anthony,
I genuinely apologize for this, I hope you can understand how it can be difficult to get around to fixing screen reader support as it involves installing custom soft

Many thanks, the buttons now have descriptions when I tab through them with jaws. I haven't tried any other screen readers yet but I will and let you know if there are any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back