Restoration Incomplete

Frankiedino

I downloaded AVG's 8.0 anti-virus & ran it.Everyting was fine until I started to delete what I thought was spyware.A box came up saying "Deleting some things may make your computer unstable or crash" Do you wish to continue? I click "NO" It asked me 3 times I repeated NO.My computer shut down & re-booted.When it came back on it had the original Desktop Screen from the factory settings, some of my desktop I-cons were missing,all my flies in "My computer" were gone as well as my pictures.I went to "restore" ran it but it would not work.It said "restoration incomplete" I tried 4 different dates but it would'nt work.Then I noticed it had put about 20 shortcut copies of Restore in my" All Programs " menue as well as 15 "HP Organizer"and a couple of "command prompts" I ran a different Virus program it showed no viruses.Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get System restore to work on a HP Pavillion without having to use the restoration disk?

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Sounds like the Restore points were all corrupt as well. You might have to create a new profile and see if you can import your old profile data to the new one.

Frankiedino

Thanx for your reply.Would you be kind enough to explain how to do that in a "59 year old man,a little bit computer savvy" terms?

Frankiedino

I gotta tell ya I'm always amazed at this forum!!Went to that site,got the info,found all my files,improvised on the instructions{more like clicked and dropped files}and once again was saved.You guys are the best! Thanks again.

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Not a problem. Glad it is working for you. If you have any more issues please stop on back. We are always glad to help out.