Safe Mode and Linux entries

steve1961

Hi there. First of all let me just say thanks for easyBCD. Version 1.6 succesfully boots one of the Linux installations on my system, which the previous version never did. However, I have a number of questions/issues that someone might be able to answer:

First of all, I have three SATA disks in my system - Disc 1 (XP and FAT32 data partition), Disc 2 (Ubuntu), and Disc 3 (Debian and Vista). I can boot XP and Vista without issues, but when I add Ubuntu and Debian, whichever one I choose from the boot menu only the last distro launches. So if I added Debian as the last entry, then both the Ubuntu and Debian entries boot Debian, and vice-versa if I add Ubuntu last. is there a way round this?

Secondly, I wondered if there was a way to add safe mode options for XP and Vista to the BCD menu? F8 takes me straight into Vista safemode but I can't access XP safemode.

Many thanks

If you email your email address i can send you a copy of linux 1.61 which addresses the linux issue.
To boot into safemode:

Select XP from the BCD menu.
IMMEDIATELY after pressing enter start pounding the F8 key :tongueout:

Computer Guru said:
If you email your email address i can send you a copy of linux 1.61 which addresses the linux issue.
To boot into safemode:

Select XP from the BCD menu.
IMMEDIATELY after pressing enter start pounding the F8 key :tongueout:
Thanks for the reply. I've sent my email address and will practice hitting F8 really quickly after selecting XP in the menu.

Back