Save Settings Doesn't

way10c

Greetings,

I've had a successful dual boot of Win 7 and Ubuntu Linux for quite a while. I want to temporarily skip the boot menu to go straight into the default Win 7. I ticked "Skip the boot menu" and clicked Save Settings. The "Bootloader settings saved successfully" message appeared. However, restarting takes me back to the same boot menu I've always had before; it does not skip the boot menu. Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks,

--Allen

Win7/Ubuntu12.4, EasyBSD 2.0.2

Skip the boot menu is really designed to prevent a menu from being displayed when it happens incorrectly with a single BCD entry afaik.
If you want to skip the menu with multiple entries, set the timeout to zero. (Never do this unless Windows is the default, else you'll not get back into it to undo the timeout)

Greetings,

Thanks for the quick reply. That indeed did the trick.

--Allen

Skip the boot menu is really designed to prevent a menu from being displayed when it happens incorrectly with a single BCD entry afaik.
If you want to skip the menu with multiple entries, set the timeout to zero. (Never do this unless Windows is the default, else you'll not get back into it to undo the timeout)

Back