Seems like a lot of us can't get EasyRE to boot up.

chileman

I just bought EasyRE for Win 7 and created both a bootable USB and CD. On the machine I want to repair (an HP EliteDesk Win 7), I get a DOS like menu for a choice of running EasyRE or EasyRE in VGA . After choosing either one, the screen goes black, some text flashes too quickly to read, the machine reboots itself, and the process repeats over and over. I have followed the instructions for enabling Legacy Support and disabling Secure Boot in the BIOS boot configuration with no success. I have an Acronis bootable USB that works fine to boot the machine up into the Acronis recovery program. The CD behaves the same way.

I then put the USB into an HP Compaq, with the same results. The EasyRE USB drive works fine on another machine, an older HP Win 7, so I know the USB was created properly.

I guess some computers are just not compatible with EasyRE. Maybe there is something else in the BIOS that needs to be changed???

What other computers are people having issues with? Maybe there is a common thread.

OK, still no word back from NeoSmart.

After trying to get the program to boot the dead computer and getting no response from NeoSmart, I just disconnected the discs in the computer I created the boot USB on and stuck in the dead disc. PITA. It successfully booted up with the USB drive and I ran the program to fix the disc. Apparently there was an interrupted update. I tried to boot up the computer with the "fixed" disc but it was still dead. I had to use AOMEI Partition Assistant to rebuild the MBR, but now it works.

It seems strange that NeoSmart doesn't address this issue - it seems common. Plus I still have no response from them a week later.

Can the computer that made the disk boot off it? You could probably do what I did, insert the disk into the computer that can boot off the USB drive. It's a royal pain to switch the hardware (especially with a laptop), but at least that is what worked for me.

You should have received an auto-reply almost immediately. Actual reply may taker a few days.
I've tried to send the office private messages about questions here but haven't heard anything back apart from that auto-one, sorry, I did try.
Check your webmail and Junk/Spam folders. If no response at all then try using a different from address.

I just bought EasyRE for Win 7 and created both a bootable USB and CD. On the machine I want to repair (an HP EliteDesk Win 7), I get a DOS like menu for a choice of running EasyRE or EasyRE in VGA . After choosing either one, the screen goes black, some text flashes too quickly to read, the machine reboots itself, and the process repeats over and over. I have followed the instructions for enabling Legacy Support and disabling Secure Boot in the BIOS boot configuration with no success. I have an Acronis bootable USB that works fine to boot the machine up into the Acronis recovery program. The CD behaves the same way.

I have the exact same problem Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

The computer sound like it's loading Easy Re for a short time, but dose nothing. All I get is a Black screen windows\system32\config\system screen.

Well you should have asked for a refund. It says right in the terms of service that by law these discs are not to be confused with complete OS DVD's and not guaranteed to work in every case. For the residual few one needs to boot an actual OS DVD or USB stick.

This is not correct my refund was not processed! I was told that they refunded my payment but the transaction has not been reversed! Meaning I still don't have the money I paid. They just told me that they will refund me but in reality they did not!

ALL questions should be conducted by email; only. We can't help here. Remember refunds can take several days to appear, depending on which card was used.
Or if PayPal was used, check that PayPal has forwarded th e money to the account used, which can also take several days..

Last edited:

I then put the USB into an HP Compaq, with the same results. The EasyRE USB drive works fine on another machine, an older HP Win 7, so I know the USB was created properly.

I guess some computers are just not compatible with EasyRE. Maybe there is something else in the BIOS that needs to be changed???

What other computers are people having issues with? Maybe there is a common thread.

I just tried the EasyRE for Windows 10. I got the same result. Boots up with two Entries. Select either one and screen goes dark and flashes some info. Tried both a Dvd and USB boot disk. Both didn't work. I think it may be my system which is a mix mash of 4 drives, Windows 10 Insider builds and many different Linux Distro's.
My boot menu is a Linux Suse grub2 menu. So, likely I'm asking too much from the EasyRE. I do have Linux recovery disks that I can use. They work.

Back