Slipstreamed Vista SP1

Ex_Brit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have any of you successfully made a slipstreamed version of Vista SP1?
I just discovered THIS site.
Hitherto I had thought that it was well-nigh impossible to make a slipstreamed copy of Vista with SP1 - at least according to the Microsoft newsgroups I've read, but this seems to have been successful.
One question though, should I have waited for the multi-language version of SP1 instead of using the 5-language version? (I used Microsoft's standalone). Is it likely that there will be another version of SP1 available for download?
I guess that I can always do it all over again.
If any of you attempt it and you have any M/B temperature warning system (such as MBM) it will sound off during the slipstreaming if your threshold is set to 70°C. That's assuming that your fans are as feeble as mine....LOL
You will also need to disable any resident anti-virus application.

Warning - the process takes around 2 hours from beginning to end in Vista, it could possibly be faster in XP.

Last edited:

Kahai

interesting peter ^_^

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
I grabbed the slipstreamed SP1 media from Connect; and I believe it's also available on MSDN and MSDNAA.

Ex_Brit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not all of us are lucky enough to have subscriptions.

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
It is up for grab on the net as well. It is on Connect, MSDN, and TechNET. I know that it has also hit other sources as well. So yes this is a option to get Vista SP1 there are other ways as well. This one is not 100% guaranteed like the one from Microsoft is though. :wink:

Ex_Brit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I created mine from my full retail DVD and MSFT's SP1 standalone, so it should be valid. I just checked it at reboot and it is a bootable DVD.

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
That's good :smile: