Spell Check

When I was running XP pro and using word, there was spell check.
Now I am running Vista home pro and there is no spell check.
I would like to avoid buying word perfect, and knowing Vista isn't compatible with many other programs I was wondering if there are any other programs out there that might help?

Hi Brokenwing,

I'm running Microsoft Office 2007, comes with spell check and all. But if you don't want to spend any bling bling on Software, i suggest you use Google. The Documents applications can spell check if i recall corecctly, and you can also save your files online. pretty neat, really a good option and completly free, just go on google.com or google.ca or wherever you are on the globe and click the documents tab, you'll be able to do just about anything there and access your files.

Have a good day!
Simon

What version of Word Perfect are you using? Have you tried re-installing Works? For $130 you can get Office Home and Student 2007 which has about all the programs you would need accept maybe for Outlook, but you could use Windows Mail for that.

My brother is using a Vista machine that I upgraded and still has Office 2003 Basic on it... Haven't used Works that much, but if its anything like Office, I should be able to reproduce the problem.

Addendum:

I'd go ahead and try re-installing it. Some of the files might have got corrupted or are missing.

Last edited:
I would like to avoid buying word perfect, and knowing Vista isn't compatible with many other programs I was wondering if there are any other programs out there that might help?

Hello,

Is no spell check for what? Office? Browser? There is no built in spell checkin in Windows at all. So depending on what applicaiton you want the spell checker for we cant give a accurate answer.

Okay... totally mis-read your post there. So you're using Word on what was once a XP machine, but upgraded to Vista. If you have the Office re-installation disc, go ahead and do a repair install of Office. If that doesn't work, re-install it.

Back