Sr. Citizen Questions Prior To Using EasyBCD, Please ?

Robert11

Hello,

Not too sharp with this, so please bear with me.

I have installed a new HD, and ever since have been getting error msgs for some programs that a Signed Driver is required, and program will not run at all, or incorrectly. Used the three System Restore Disks I created when I got the PC to get going again.

Never had this prior to the new HD install. Running W7, 64 bit version. Drivers are most definitely signed and correct.
Virus protection is off, and am running as Administrator.

Anyone have any thoughts perhaps as to why, and what might have happened ?
Any way to revert back to when the pc was happy with the drivers it had ?

Have been selecting the option via F8 on startup to disable this requirement, and all works.

But, driving me crazy having to do this each time.

Question:

Will EasyBCD allow me to automate this process, so I can do a "normal" start of PC, but the Driver Requirement will
not be enforced, as if I did the F8 routine ?

Any caveats to usage, gotchas, etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

Just a Clarification, Please

Hello,

Thank youvery much for help.

Would just like to be very sure that I am using program correctly:

a. If I select the option in Advanced to bypass the signed signature requirement, does the program, if it can,
just prohibit the message from appearing, or does it truly eliminate the signed signature requirement ?

b. I open the program, tick the box in Advanced to do so, and then Close the program; is this all I have to do ?
Nothing to be kept running, etc. ?

This is what I tried, but doesn't seem to work. Anything else worth trying ?

I did not change or select anything else in all of the options.

Thanks again,
Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Bob,

It depends on many factors, including the type of driver that is unsigned. But it's possible that EasyBCD will be able to make that warning go away without needing F8. It can be set from the advanced options page:: Advanced Entry Settings - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

There are no caveats or dangers to beware. It'll either fix your problem or it won't hurt.

Back